75: 𝑇-𝐻-𝐸-𝑅-𝐸

"So what's it like?" Mina asked Kira. They were in their classroom. Normally they would study in the library. But that didn't currently exist so they asked to use Aizawa's room.

He said they could as long as everything was exactly the same after they were done. The only reason he even agreed to let them while he wouldn't be there to watch them was because Kira was there. He trusted her to be just responsible enough. Or at least to clean up if she destroyed anything.

"What?" Kira asked, turning away from Denki. Who she just finished explaining a few multiplication tricks too.

"You know! Mind-reading! What's it like knowing what everyone thinks?" Mina asked, putting down her own pencil. She stopped taking notes. The only people still focused on studying at this point were Bakugou and Kirishima. Bakugou was occasionally hitting the other boy with a rolled up notebook while he frantically scribbled something down.

"It sounds better than it actually is." Kira admitted. "It kinda sucks."

"How could it suck?! You get to know what everyone thinks of you!" Denki said with a frown.

"You just answered your own question." Kira pointed out. "You know how annoying it is when you do something and some random person gives their unsolicited opinion? Telling you that you're doing a shitty job?" Kira explained. "It's like that. But I can't help it and neither can they. Even if someone means well I hear any and all criticism someone has of me."

"Yeah... I guess that would suck." Mina said with a frown.

"It just turned me into a perfectionist." Kira frowned. Every move she made she could hear criticism over it. If she ever did anything. When she drew infront of people. When she shot at a target or sparred with an opponent. She used the thoughts around her to make sure she did it perfectly.
"Also there are a lot of people that straight up hate me." She added. "Which gets a little annoying."

"Why?" Sero asked. "She seems cool enough. Can't see why someone would hate her- you."

"Multiple different reasons really. Most of them are stupid." Kira shrugged. "There are even some people who briefly considered killing me."

"Killing you??" Jirou asked, eye wide.

"Yeah. Most of the time they're just intrusive thoughts they regret even considering it. But there were these two girls at Princeton who actually had it planned out. I wasn't even there for a week and they had a murder weapon and alibis. It was actually concerning."

"Is that why you left?!" Denki asked in horror.

"Nah. Their dress code was too strict." Kira shrugged casually. "They wouldn't have been able to pull it off anywas, especially not with me knowing about it. Plus they'd probably chicken out."

"Why did they want to kill you though?!" Denki asked his hands in his hair. Poor guy was really shocked by this.

"I don't know. I am kinda a bitch sometimes." Kira shrugged.

"If being a bitch was a reason to kill someone I'd be dead by now." Bakugou grumbled, looking away from Kirishima. No one had actually been sure if he was paying attention to them or not.

"Yeah maybe." Kira shrugged.

"Was that a joke Bakugou?" Sero asked with a smile. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor."

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" He snapped back. Mildly embarrassed. "I HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR!!!"

"Sure you do. Now stop hitting Kirishima, he's trying his best." Kira told Bakugou who rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever." He said, tossing his thin notebook into the table. "You mixed those too up." He said to Kirishima, pointing at the English sentences he was writing.
"T-H-E-R-E is there like a place. T-H-E-I-R is like a person." Bakugou reminded Kirishima. Who smiled and erased the words.

"But they all sound the same." Denki said, scrunching up his nose.

"Wait! If someone thought in a different language would you be able to understand it?" Kirishima asked, looking away from his English homework.

"Not unless I knew the language. Actually my parents used to do that, they would sometimes think or speak in English when they didn't want me to hear them." Kira said, thinking back. It wasn't often, because Kira would have picked up the language if she heard it too much.

"That's actually hilarious." Sero snickered.
"I'd do it too if I had a mind-reader kid."

"So how old were you when you actually developed you quirk anyways? I mean... Isn't seven a little old?" Jirou asked. She had practically been born with hers. At least with her mutations.

"Well I actually don't know. My quirk came on pretty slowly, so I didn't even really notice it." Kira shrugged. "It probably started when I was pretty young. Like three, because of that I thought it was normal."

"You could hear people's thoughts at three?" Bakugou asked with a frown.

"No, my quirk is more than that. Mind-reader is just putting it in simple terms. I'm also an empath, I can feel the emotions of other people. My parents told me that they thought I developed that first. Because when I was younger I always knew when they were upset, even when they hid it." Kira explained. "Then when I was five my parents said they heard me complaining about them "mumbling" whenever they were holding me and stuff. But they thought nothing of it. I couldn't hear full words or sentences until I was seven. That's when things started to click and I got checked out."

"Where'd you get it from?" Mina asked. Normally quirks were passed from families and stuff.

"Well my dad quirk was just empath. But his range was bigger than mine." Kira thought. "My mom was quirkless. But maybe there was some sort of quirk in her family history that mutated with my dad's. I'm not entirely sure though, that's why they were surprised by it."

"I guess it's that whole quirk theory." Denki said. "The extremists think that our quirks are going to keep evolving until they're too strong and just destroy us." He said.

"There are entire cults built around it. Where they only let quirkless people in to keep their bloodlines "pure" or whatever." Jirou said. "I really should stop listening to true crime."

"That's all Bullshit. If our quirks evolve that much our bodies will just evolve with it. It's not like it would wipe out humanity anyways. Only like twenty percent of people have strong quirks. And only like ten percent have quirks that do lasting damage to their bodies." Bakugou said with an eyeroll.

"Wow. That's it?" Denki asked. "How do you even remember all those statistics?"

"Who knew Midoriya was such a minority."
Jirou joked.

"Sh!" Sero said glaring at Jirou.

"What?" Jirou asked with a frown. Sero glanced over at Bakugou.

"What?" Bakugou snapped. "You think I'm gonna rage after just hearing his name?!"

Kris snickered and he pushed her seat in retaliation. Causing her to just roll away from him.

"Well no..." Sero said, looking away. "Yes. Sort of... Maybe."

Bakugou glanced around and went back to his books. "Whatever." He mumbled.
"They still think it don't they?"

Kira kicked the back of his seat as he turned around. "Don't be so pouty." She said kicking it again.

"Cut it out! Jerk!" Bakugou said, kicking her seat farther away. "I hate you."

"Liar."