22: 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑣𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝐵𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

"A team exercise. This sucks balls."
Bakugou clinched his fists and looked around with a glare, which was not really helping get more team members. "No one is gonna want to be on my team. And it's only gonna make things worse for Kira, but she won't fuck off. Besides what happens if I don't end up on a team? Will I be disqualified?"

"Looks like it's just you and me." Kira said with a shrug. "I'm top, I'm not carrying your ass around." She propped an arm on his shoulder.

"That's crazy! Look at all of the other damn teams! They have four to five members each!"
Bakugou looked around and scoffed. "Go find another team." He said. "Staying with me won't get you anywhere." He admitted. His voice was so low, he sounded almost ashamed. "Raccoon eyes would probably take you in. So fuck off, I'll figure something out."

"Yeah as much as I appreciate the self sacrifice, that's not happening." Kira crossed her arms. "I'm gonna tell you a secret. I don't care about this whole festival, I don't really want to win."

Kira stepped back and put a finger up. "Buuuut, I want you to win. And you can't do that without a team. So here I am, if we fail we fail together. I'd rather lose with you than get stuck in a competition I don't really want to win."

Bakugou stared. "You really think we could make it? Use your damn brain, you're supposed to be a genius right? So tell me. What would our advantages even be? Can we do this, be honest." Bakugou said. His voice was low, Kira had never actually seen him be so... Calm. So strategic. He was waiting on an honest thought out answer.

"We'd have an advantage. With your quirk we could travel through the air. Not to mention our group would be more agile than everyone else. I know most of these kid's quirks, and I'll be able to direct you."
She said, looking around.
"But listen, this will only work if you promise one thing."

"And what the hell is that?"

"You have to listen to me. No side quests, no running off after whoever you want. No being impulsive. We'll make a plan and follow it unless absolutely sure it will fail. Got it?" She asked. He scrunched up his face.

"I'm starting to think you just like bossing me around." He scoffed.

"Is that a yes?" She asked. "Can you do that? Carry me while paying attention and CARING about what I say?"

He glared at her and then looked away.
"How much do you weigh?" He asked.

"Excuse me?" Kira raised an eyebrow.

"You heard me."
"Mom said never to ask a woman that, but I need to know if I actually can do this. Though by the looks of her I'd say it wouldn't be that hard."

"Fifty four point six." (54.6kg = 120lbs)
Kira said, crossing her arms.

"Easy."

°.•.°•.°•.°

"Run!!" Kira screamed.

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP YELLING IN MY EARS!!!" Bakugou barked back, he jumped up and blasted the ground with his quirk

"NO!!" She yelled back. "LEFT!"

"DAMN IT!!!!!" Bakugou screamed, jerking left. Kira screamed, gripping him tightly. He just barely dodged an attack from Tsu and Shoji. Tsu was trying to get their headband from Kira, and Kira was trying to avoid her tongue.

Fortunately Tsu wasn't targeting them specifically, so she ended up moving on.

"TEAM KOKOA'S SCORE IS THREATENING TO REMOVE MONOMA FROM THE FOURTH PLACE POSITION!! Present Mic screamed. "WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THE TEAM BEING PROPELLED BY ONLY ONE PERSON COULD CLIMB THE RANKS SO QUICKLY!?!"