Chapter 3 : The Rememberal

After Transfiguration we had our first potions class with Professor Snape. My father had told me he went to school with Professor Snape and knew all about him.

We entered the classroom and sat at the back. Ron sat at the end, Harry next to him, and me next to Harry. Hermione Granger came in and sat next to me which I was a little annoyed about but she didn't talk to me so I was fine with it.

I was in the middle of a conversation with the boys when the door slammed open and a tall man with a long black cloak came strutting in. His cloak flowed behind him like water and his black hair was greasy and down to his shoulders. He had a long crooked nose and very dark brown eyes. He kind of scared me a little.

He made his way to the front of the classroom and the class fell silent. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class," he croaked and I sat back in my seat, "As such, I don't expect many of you to understand the subtle science and exact art that is potion making however, for those select few who posses the predisposition-" he looked down at Malfoy who was at the front, "-I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

Wow, I thought, intense much.

He paused for a while and looked up at Harry. I looked to my left and saw him writing down notes. His concentrating face is so cute. He licked his lips and bit his lip. I smiled and blushed as I watched him.

Okay I think I have a crush on Harry. But it's just a school girl crush. I'll get over it right.

I snapped out of my thoughts, shaking my head as I turned back to the Professor.

"Then again," he continued, "maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable enough that you feel confident enough to NOT PAY ATTENTION."

I nudged Harry and he looked at me. I pointed at the Professor and he put his quill down, placing his eyes on Snape.

"Mr Potter," he muttered, "our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered rout of asphold to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione shot her hand in the air from beside me and I rolled my eyes. Harry shook his head at the Professor.

"You don't know?" Snape smirked. "Well let's try again, where Mr Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione shot her hand up in the air again and I rolled my eyes once more. Harry shook his head again, "I don't know sir."

I felt really bad for Harry. Snape was being a real git. Me and Ron looked at each other with a pityfull look and then gave that same look to Harry.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" Snape asked again and once more Hermione shot her hand in the air. I rolled my eyes very dramatically and sighed. Hermione shot me a look and I smiled innocently.

"I don't know sir," Harry repeated and Malfoy looked back at him smirking.

"Pity," Snape sighed, "clearly fame isn't everything. Is it Mr Potter?"

Snape is officially my least favourite teacher, I thought.

I felt really bad for Harry. Why does he have to just pick on Harry? I was about to say something and stand up for Harry but before I could, Harry himself spoke up.

"Clearly, Hermione knows," he grumbled, "seams a pity not to ask her."

The sass on this boy, I thought and giggled.