Chapter 22 : Spiders

When we got back to the common room, everyone had been gathered in the common room and McGonagall came in.

Ron, Harry and I stood at the stairwell, as McGonagall  began reading the scroll in her hands.

"Could I have your attention please," she began, "because of recent events, these new rules will be put in place immediately. All students will return to the house common rooms by 6 o'clock every evening. All students will be a escorted to their classrooms by a teacher. No exceptions. I should tell you this, if the culprit behind these attacks is not caught, it is likely that the school will be closed."

And with that she left, with a sad expression on her face.

I bit my lip, looking down. I know I have something to do with this. Nothing else could explain what's been happening to me.

Harry turned to us and spoke quietly, "we've got to talk to Hagrid guys. I can't believe it's him. If he was the one who set the monster loose last time he'll know how to get inside the chamber. That's a start."

"But you heard McGonagall," Ron protested, "we're not allowed to leave the tower except for class."

Harry sighed and thought for a second.

"I think it's time to get my dads old cloak out again," he smirked and we walked up the stairs to the dorms.

I went to get my dorm and got changed out of my uniform. I changed into some black and white plaid trousers and a v-neck white knit sweater.

I tied the laces on my white pumps and took a deep breath. I couldn't have done it. Tom Riddle is a manipulative, awful person. I didn't do anything. I would never. I wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Harry and Ron changed and got the cloak out. We put the cloak over us and snook past all the students, out of the common room.

We made our way through the corridors and out to Hagrid's hut. I nocked on the door, the boys stood behind me.

Hagrid opened the door and we threw the cloak off. We were immediately greeted by a giant crossbow. My eyes widened and I stepped back, bumping into Harry's front.

He put his hands on my waist steadying me and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"No Liz, this is not the time," I thought.

"What's that for?!" Harry asked, his eyes wide in shock.

"Oh nothing," Hagrid mumbled, "I was expecting - erm. Never mind just come on in, just made a pot of tea."

We walked in and I immediately ran over to Fang, stroking him.

Hagrid got the tea out, and started pouring it into cups.

"Hagrid are you okay?" Harry asked, noticing that Hagrid was indeed shaking.

I kissed the top of Fangs head and stood up, walking over to Hagrid.

"Yeah I'm fine," Hagrid gulped. I took the teapot from his hands with a smiles and began pouring the tea myself.

"Did you hear about Hermione?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, I heard about that alright," he sighed and I passed him a cup of tea.

"Look we have to ask you something," Harry began and then took a deep breath, "do you know who's opened the chamber of secrets?"