Chapter 51 : Into the Maze

"How is everything? You know with your dad?" Harry asked as we both laid, cuddling on his bed.

I was on his stomach and he had his arms wrapped around me as he laid on his back.
There were two days until the last task and we wanted some peace and quiet for a while.

"Erm - I don't know I haven't owled him in a while," I answered.

He sighed and raised his hand to massage the back of my head, playing with my curly purple hair.

"Harry can I ask you something?" I spoke softly, not lifting my head to look up at him.

"Sure, anything," he looked down at me but I didn't meet his gaze.

"Sometimes do you wish that this wasn't your life?" I asked, "That sometimes you wish you were ya know, a Muggle."

He took a deep breath and sighed, thinking for a moment.

"No. I can't say that I have," he mumbled, "Because if this wasn't our life's we wouldn't have met. And would we have met Ron or Hermione. And we'd just be normal."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Normal's boring."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at him. I chuckled and kissed him passionately. The kiss lasted a long time. It was a long and needed kiss. He was hugging my waist and I had his faces cupped in my hands.

When I pulled away and smiled and readjusted myself so I was comfortable, looking up at him.

"Are you scared?" I asked him, "for the next task."

"Not for me," he answered, without even taking a second to think, "I'm scared for you. I don't want you to get hurt."

He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and I sighed,

"Well I'm scared for both of us."

He tightened his embrace around me and I hugged him as tight as I could.

I felt safe in his arms.

"I love you Elizabeth."

"I love you too Harry."

Soon it was finally the day of the last task. I was scared to death but happy it was the last task. Soon everything will be back to normal again.

Hermione and Ron sat with all of the other Gryffindor's as Harry and I's supporters. I did Ron's and Seamus' makeup for the event too. I wrote 'Potter & Bennet' on Seamus' forehead and covered half of Ron's face in Red, the other half in purple.

Harry and I had a long hug before we had to join all the champions, just to calm down and take a breather. Everyone cheered as they saw us walk out with Dumbledore.

Silence!" Dumbledore yelled and we all went quiet, sitting down, "earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact whereabouts."

"Now as Miss Bennet," Dumbledore continued and all of my supporters stood up, cheering, "and Mr Potter-" all the rest of Harry's supporters stood up cheering "-tied for second position, they will be the first to enter the maze along with Mr Diggory who came first. Followed by Mr Krum, then Miss Delacour. First person to touch the cup, will be the winner. Contestants gather round."

He talked to the five of us before telling us to get ready. Harry and I locked eyes for a minute and I gave him a thumbs up. He blew me a kiss and we entered the maze

As soon as I was enclosed in the maze, everything fell silent. I was alone.

I took a deep breath and began to slowly walk along the maze, my wand at the ready. I followed the maze the best I could for a while.