Chapter 9 : Into the Forrest

The next day after all our classes had finished, we had detention which I was not excited about. It was around 7:00 and it was very dark, I don't like the dark.

Me and Hermione held onto each others hands as the five of us walked out, with Filch leading us to Hagrid's hut.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight," he explained and we made our way down to Hagrid, "he's got a little job to do in the Dark Forrest."

We got outside Hagrid's hut and he was sat there sniffling, like he had just been crying. "Hagrid are you okay?" I asked him and Filch sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Oh good god man your not still on about that bloody dragon are you?" He grumbled and Hagrid sniffled again.

"Norbert's gone, Dumbledore sent him off to Romania, to live in a colony," he explained and Hermione spoke up.

"Well that's good isn't it?" She attempted to comfort him, "he'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him?" Hagrid moaned and out of the corner of my eyes I saw Filch roll his eyes again, "he's only a baby after all."

"Oh for got sake pull yourself together man," he snapped, "your going into the forest after all. You've got to have your wits about you."

"Forest," Malfoy yelled, "I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there, student aren't aloud. And there are.......werewolf's."

"Oh there are more than werewolves in those trees lad," Filch muttered and I climbed into Hermione, "you'll be sure of that."

For once I agree with Malfoy. The Dark Forest is forbidden.

"Nighty night," Filch smirked and walked away.

I gulped and held in to Hermione tighter. "Right, let's go," Hagrid muttered and we all followed him through the woods.

The six of us walked miles and miles through the woods. It was dark and misty. I kept hearing howling form the distance and it scared the hell out of me.

We reached a small clearing of trees and Hagrid knelt down in front of a small silver puddle. He dipped his hand in it and I cringed.

"Erm - Hagrid, what is that?" Harry asked and Hagrid turned to us. "What we're here for," he explained, "you see this, that's unicorn blood that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. And now, this ones been hurt bad by something, so it's our job to go and find the poor beast."

We all nodded. "Now, Harry, Hermione and Ron, you'll come with me. And Lizzie, you go with Malfoy."

I chuckled and everyone looked at me as though I was a psychopath. "There is no way in hell I am going with Malfoy alone okay," I raised my voice, "he's like five inches taller than me. He could pick me up, throw me in a bush and leave me there."

I did have a point. I mean Malfoy was like around five foot and I'm only four foot six. And he's a bloody coward, he'll run at the second if we see the thing that killed that poor unicorn.

Malfoy snickered from beside me, "wasn't thinking about doing that Bennet but thanks for the idea."

I glared at him and Hagrid sighed, seeing that I have a point. "Fine, Harry you go with them," he ordered and Harry nodded, coming to stand between me and Malfoy.