Chapter 34 : Mudblood

After a couple months, Christmas time was approaching. I had, had a few more letters from my father, telling me how my mother was doing. Sometimes she seems like she's getting better, but other times she seems worse.

My father told me not to bother coming home for Christmas. At first I said no because I wanna see mother but he said it's better off if I stay. So eventually I agreed.

Snow settled on the Hogwarts grounds. It was soft and fluffy, and almost three inches thick. It was really cold outside. The kind of cold that meant you could see your own breath and that made your nose and cheeks go pink.

Hermione had gone to do some homework before the Christmas holidays and Ron was still asleep. Typical Ronald.

I walked out into the fields alone. I had some black knee ripped jeans on and a plain grey thick hoodie. I wore a light wash jean jacket over it and my Gryffindor scarf was cuddling my neck tightly. My grey snow boots hugged my small feet as I walked along the snow covered grass.

I didn't have any gloves on but I was fine. I took a deep cold breath in and sighed.

I hope my mother's okay.

Suddenly, I felt something hit the back of my head. I groaned and turned around to see Harry with another snowball in his hand. He threw it at me and hit my chest.

I looked at him shocked, laughing. I picked up a snow ball and threw it at him, the snow hitting his forearm. I giggled and walked up to him.

"Your hands," he muttered,"aren't they cold?"

I shut my hands away in the sleeves of my hoodie and shook my head. "There fine," I smiled and then giggled when I looked at his face.

"Your nose is all pink," I chuckled and stood on my top toes, pecking his nose. He chuckled and brushed my hair off my shoulders, placing his hands either side of my neck. "Your adorable," he smiled and pulled me in, kissing me for a long time.

"Kissing me out in public," I teased and started walking backwards, "aren't you worried we'll get caught?"

"What life without a little risk?" He smirked and I giggled, running away.

"Come here you little nutter," he chuckled and ran after me.

I reached the entrance of the forbidden Forrest, out of breath and turned around smiling but Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"Harry," I called, catching my breath. "Harry," I repeated turning back around.

Where did he go?

Surely I felt arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. He spin me around, laughing and I giggled as he put me back down in front of him.

"Liz," he began, "can I ask you something?"

I nodded and he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. He took a deal breath spoke, "I wanted to know if............if maybe you'd want to be...... my girlfriend."

Yes! I've always wanted to be his girlfriend. I've had a crush on him since first year. But what if we break up? It'll ruin our friendship. But a wise guy once said to me, "what's life without a little risk?"