Chapter 86 : Malfoy Manor

The four of us were still at the Lovegood residence, however Luna was still no where to be found. I was growing rather curious as to where she really was, knowing it wasn't safe anywhere but her own home.

"That mark was on a grave in Godrics Hollow," Hermione explained, pointing at the deathly Hallows symbol. She hesitated for a second before continuing, "Mr Lovegood does the Peverell family have anything to do with the deathly hallows?"

Mr Lovegood looked between the four of us and stuttered. "Uh- uh... Ignotus, -excuse me.." he made his way back to the table in a hurry, "and his brothers: Cadmus and Antioch are thought to be the original owners of the Hallows and therefore the inspiration for the story." He picked up the pot of tea he had handed out to us a few minutes ago and opened the lid, "Uh- uh.. but your teas gone cold, I'll be right back."

He began to make his way down to the bottom floor muttering to himself as he disappeared down the stairwell. "Where do you think Luna is?" I asked in a hushed voice and the three of them shrugged.

"Let's get out of here," Ron suggested as he picked up his bag, the rest of us following his actions, "I'm not drinking anymore of that stuff hot or cold."

Our group made their way down the spiral stairs, only to see Mr Lovegood stood silently at the bottom. He looked out of the window on to the field surrounding his house, as if he was waiting for someone. "Thank you sir," I spoke politely, making him jump. "You forgot the water," Ron spoke, "for the tea."

Mr Lovegood looked stressed as it is, always muttering to himself quietly. And it looked as though he hadn't showered or slept properly in weeks. As he looked up at Ron, he seamed rather lost, until he pulled away from his gaze and chuckled.

"Did I? How silly of me," he mumbled, making his way around to the other side of the room for the water. He continued to laugh awkwardly as he made his way around us. "It's no matter we really should be going anyway," Hermione spoke politely but Mr Lovegood stopped us. "No you can't!!" He screamed, making me jump as he slammed the pot into the sink before making his way over to the door hurriedly, blocking it with his hands.

"Sir?" I asked concerned as his whole body shook in panic, and he turned around to face us. "Your my only hope," he trembled, "They we're angry you see about what I'd been writing. So they took her, they took my Luna..."

My heart dropped.

"Luna?" I asked in a soft voice, "where is she?"Mr Lovegood stepped closer to us and I backed away from him. He placed a hand on Harry's head, brushing his hair away to reveal his scar. "But it's really you they want," he mumbled and I gulped.

"Who took her sir?" Harry asked. "Voldemort..." the old man whispered and my heart began to beat faster and faster.

Suddenly, spells were fired from every direction. Windows were smashed, doors were broken down and glass was flying everywhere. The four of us rapidly fell to the floor beside the table, Hermione and I on one side and Ron and Harry on the other side. Through all the commotion, Xenophelius Lovegood had stepped outside, yelling at all the surrounding death eaters telling them that Harry was in his house. Panicked, Hermione and I crawled to the other end of the table, meeting Ron and Harry there and immediately apperated away just in time.

We found ourselves in the middle of the woods, alone once more. We took a moment to catch our breath, trying to figure what the hell had just happened. "Traitorous little bleeder," Ron spat, "is there's no one we can trust?"

I shrugged. Hermione passed me her beg and I took off my jacket, stuffing it in the bag. "They kidnapped her because he supported me, he was just desperate," Harry mumbled.