Chapter 37 : Ripped to Pieces

I held Harry's hand as we made our way through the castle and out to the courtyard. We walked outside and Hermione smiled.

"Beautiful day," she beamed, trying to lighten the mood and Ron snapped at her.
"Yeah, gorgeous. Unless your being ripped to pieces."

Harry's and I looked at each other confused and then back at Ron. "Ripped to pieces?" Harry repeated Ron's words and Hermione sighed in frustration.

"Ronald has lost his rat."

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!"

"Did not!"

"Did."

"Didn't."

I rolled my eyes as they both continued bickering at each other. We walked along the wooden bridge and Harry squeezed my hand a little, making sure I was okay. I smiled and interlocked my fingers with his, continuing our way down to Hagrid's.

We managed to get there and immediately saw a note nailed to the front door of his hut.

"At black lake if ya need meh - Hagrid"
the note read.

And so, we walked down to the black lake, seeing Hagrid at the rivers edge, skidding rocks along the surface of the water.

"How did it go Hagrid?" Hermione asked, "the hearing."

Ron stood at the side of the lake, Hermione standing beside him and Harry and I sat on a big rock together a couple meters away from them.

He put his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head against him, smiling. He kissed the top of my head and I snuggled into his neck, inhaling his sweet scent.

"Well first off, the committee members took turns asking why we were there," Hagrid sighed, continuing to skid rocks along the water, "and then I got happened in my piece,
said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff. Always cleaning his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up, well you can imagine, he said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who will kill you soon as look at you."

"And then?" She asked.

"And then he asked for the worst good old Lucius," Hagrid sighed and I took my head off Harry's shoulder.

"They're not sacking you," I whined and Hagrid shook his head.

"No I'm not sacked."

He sniffled and took a deep breath before uttering the five words I never thought it would come to.

"Buckbeak's been sentenced to death," Hagrid cried and my eyes began to tear up.

No. Buckbeak can't die! He can't! He's such a good hippogriff. I looked down and a tear dripped down my face. Harry pulled me in closer to him and wrapped both his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

That's it, Buckbeaks going to die.

Over the weekend I had, had some time to gather myself up. I wrote a lot in my diary that Ron got me and it was literally half full already. That's how much I needed to admit to myself. I also wrote a letter to my mother. I know she'll never read it but I just needed to get some things off my chest.

It was Sunday night and I had laid out my uniform on my bed for tomorrow, staring at it and thinking. I'm going to change this up a bit.

I grabbed the small sewing kit form under my bed and got to work. Before, my skirt ended about half way down the top half of my leg but I redesigned it to end just three inches below my bum. I tightened my school jumper a little so it wasn't baggy and I found a black belt hidden in my dresser.