Chapter 73 : Chrismas Party

That night, I couldn't sleep.

I just kept thinking about how I was going to tell Harry. And how he might react. I was making up many situations in my head of different ways this might plan out. Each scenario being worse than the other.

Eventually I decided to get up. I was really warm and the covers were making me feel a bit claustrophobic. Still in my pjs, I made my way down the stairs of the Gryffindor tower, my bare feet pattering against the marble floor.

No one was in the common room, which I was thankful for. I sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. I only had my shorts and shirt pyjama set on, which was purple, so I had no idea why I was still so warm. It was probably because of how much I've been wriggling around in my bed, figuring out what to do.

I rested my head against the back of the sofa and let out a loud grumble, my hands over my face to muffle the sound.

"Elizabeth?" A voice sounds from beside me and I look up to see Harry stood before me. He was wearing some blue pyjama bottoms and an off white top with blue shirt sleeves.

"Hey," I spoke quietly and he came over to sit beside me. I budged away a little and he looked at me confused.

"What's going on with you?" He asked cautiously, "you've been acting weird ever since the quidditch game."

"It's doesn't matter," I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"Lizzie just tell me," he spoke softly and put his hand on my thigh. I moved his hand away and crossed my legs.

I just don't know how he's going to react. I don't want him to attack Draco or anything. I mean normally I wouldn't mind if he hit Draco, but he seams like he's in a really horrible place at the moment and to be quite honest, I feel bad for him.

"Lizzie what's wrong," he muttered, "please just talk to me. Whatever it is, you know you can tell me."

I looked up at his eyes, glistening as the light from the fire shone against them. He put his hand on my cheek and caressed my face with his thumb. I looked into his eyes again and moved his hand from my face, keeping ahold of it with both my hands.

Here goes nothing.

"It's-" I began but stopped. He looked at me, urging me to carry on and I stuttered.

"I - erm - it - Malfoy he-" my breath hitched in the back of my throat.

Now that I think about it, all those scenarios I made up in my head all came down to two ways this can go. Either Harry's going to be mad at me and try and hex Draco or something, or he's gunna understand and forgive me.

"What did he do?" He asked softly and my breathing started to get faster.

"He tried to kiss me," I mumbled and looked down.

"What?" He raised his voice a little, "When? How? Why?"

"I don't know why," I sniffled, "but he was crying and I was confused-"

"Wait, Malfoy was crying?" He cut me off and I nodded. I'm the one who's about to cry now.

"YeahIsaidhecouldtalktomeifhewantedeventhoughwe'renotreallyfriendsbutyouknoweveryonedeservesasecondchanceandthenhejustleanedforwardsandkissedmebutIpulledawaystraightawayandwaslike"whatareyoudoing"andthenIjustleftand-"

"Hey, Liz, it's okay calm down," he spoke comfortingly, seeing that I was starting to get really upset and he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me close to his chest and I could hear his heart beating in my ear. I was breathing rapidly and my breath was hitching in the back of my throat.