Chapter 85 : Dirigible Plums

When Harry was pulled out from the water, something else was pulled along with him. Ron and I couldn't believe our eyes. It was the sword of Gryffindor. "Is that-" I whispered but was cut off by Harry speaking.

"Hermione?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he put his glasses back on from the floor. Ron and I both stared at him in shock as he stood shivering from the ice cold waters.

"Are you mental?" Ron raised his voice in disbelief. "What's going on?" I asked, "Why were you underwater and how do you have the sword of Gryffindor?"

Harry's eyes dotted between the two of us. When they landed on me he stopped for a second. "Lizzie.....It was you guys?"

He was still shivering, still stood in his boxers. "Yeah, bit obvious I think," Ron chuckled awkwardly. "And you cast the doe as well did you?" He snapped a little and Ron and I looked at each other confused.

"No, we thought that was you," I mumbled as Harry began to grab his clothes up from the floor. "No, my patronus is a stag," he raised his voice a little as he pulled his jeans up.

"Right, yeah," Ron chuckled as I simply nodded, "antlers."

An awkward silence emitted between the three of us. Harry's gaze landed on me, but I refused to meet his eyes. I felt guilty for running out in him and not giving him an explanation. I scratched the back of my neck, thinking of what to say next.

"Um, now that we have the sword we should...destroy the Horcrux," I mumbled, looking up at Ron and he nodded.

"Yeah," he nodded and we all got everything ready. Harry placed the stone on a rock and passed the sword to Ron.

"Okay, Ron, do it," he muttered, standing back a little but Ron just looked at us bewildered. "I can't handle it," he gulped, "that thing effects me more than it effects you, Hermione and Liz."

I placed a hand on his shoulder from beside him and nodded, "All the more reason."

"No, I can't," he shook his head and Harry huffed in frustration. "Then why are you here?" He raised his voice, "Why did you come back?"

Ron eventually agreed and I walked over to stand a where Harry was. "Now," Harry began, "I'll have to speak to it in order for it to open. When it does, don't hesitate. I don't know what's in there but it'll put up a fight. The bit of Riddle that was in the diary tried to kill me. Alright. Stand back."
He pulled me behind him, protecting me and toon a deep breath. "One.........two..... three..."

Harry spoke a few words in parsletongue before the locket burst open, a huge black ball of smoke emitting from it as it threw all three of us back against the floor. As my back hit the floor, I felt something stuck inside my arm, and I let out a loud yelp.

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine. I have seen your dreams Ronald Weasley," Voldemort spoke from the Horcrux, "And I have seen your fears. Least loved by your mother, who craved a daughter. Least loved by the girl who prefers your friend."

"Ron kill it," Harry screamed over to Ron, as the ginger boy backed away from the fake spiders crawling over to him. A twig was stuck inside the flesh of my upper left arm and I grumbled in pain was I lifted up my sleeve up. Blood dripped form the wound and I covered it with my hand, breathing heavily.

"We were better without you. Happier without you." Voices from the Horcrux spoke but I couldn't pay attention. "Who could love you? Compared to Harry Potter. What are you? Compared to the chosen one." I attempted to pull the twig out form my arm, but I wouldn't budge. All it did was cause me more pain in my left arm.

"Ron it's lying!" Harry screamed over to Ron.

"Your mother confessed she would have preferred me as a son." More voices spoke.