Chapter 24 : Harrys POV (Part 2)

They both followed me through to the clearing and we stopped to stare at a large off white scaly creature sitting along the floor.

"What's this?" Ron asked and I examined it closer, making sure to be careful.

"It looks like a snake," the Professor mumbled.

"It's a snake skin," I gasped, and followed the snake skin around the room.

"Bloody hell, whoever shed this must be sixty feet long or more," Ron fretted. A loud thud emitted the room and I whipped my head round to see that Lockhart had fainted. Ron dropped his arm by his side and frowned at me. "Heart of a lion this one," he joked and I nodded, agreeing.

Suddenly, Lockhart stood up, snatching Ron's wand out of his hand and pointing it at us.

"The adventure ends here boys," he smirked, "but don't fret, the world will know our story. How it was too late to save the girl. How you two tragical lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body."

He pointed his wand at me and scowled, "so you first Mr Potter. Say goodbye to your memories. OBLIVIATE!"

A blue light shone through the wand and I prepared myself but instead of the spell hitting me it rebounded and shot Lockhart backwards through the air.

He landed against a wall and a rumble emitted the room, rocks flying down from the roof.

Ron and I both dived down to the floor, holding the back of our head to make sure we don't get hit by any flying rocks.

Finally the sound stopped and I looked up. A large wall of rocks had appeared between Ron and I.

"Harry," Ron yelled through the rocks, "Harry!"

I crawled up to a small space in the wall that had been formed and saw Ron with a scared look on his face. "Ron," I yelled, "Ron are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he answered and I sighed in relief.

I saw Lockhart sit up with a bewildered face. He looked around aimlessly and then saw Ron.

"Hello," he beamed, "who are you?"

"Erm - Ron Weasley," Ron muttered back.

"Really? And - erm - who - who am I?" Gilderoy asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Lockhart's memory charm backfired," Ron shouted to me, "he hasn't got a clue who he is."

"It's an odd sort of place this isn't it? Do you live here?" Old Lockhart asked.

"No," Ron chuckled in confusion.

Lockhart began mumbling to himself and Ron picked up a rock. I watched in total confusion as he hit the old celebrity on the head with the rock; blacking him out.

"What do I do now?" Ron asked casually as if he didn't just do that. I shook my head, refocusing.

"You stay here and try and shift some of this rock so we can get back through. I'll go on and find Lizzie," I told him a snack he nodded.

"Okay."

I followed the chamber through to a large door. It was a circle shape and had very strange symbols along the edges of it. It had a large sliver snake in the middle and no door handle.

"Open," I spoke and the silver snake began to twist and turn its way around the circles inside.

I walked through it and and through the circle tunnels. I reached a large corridor that looked into a large room.

The was a small person laying in the middle of the isle. "Lizzie!" I gasped running over to her as fast as I could.

I dropped my wand, kneeling down beside her.