An Envious Encounter

BRAD'S POV:

I was standing near the tree, a little away from them, watching her giggling and laughing with that boy

I was standing near the tree, a little away from them, watching her giggling and laughing with that boy. Yes, I saw her getting bullied, my blood boiled seeing her in that condition, I was still in a debate with myself whether to act recklessly or to handle the situation maturely, I even informed the guards to come. When her eyes met mine, I saw how much she needed me, I didn't want to wait more and I was about to come forth but a guy came and took her by hands leavening me there all dumbfounded. Before I could act and understood, she was gone. I followed them immediately, I thought she would yank his hands off, but instead, she was laughing and giggling with him. I can see him flirting with her, to which she gladly responded too. I clenched my fist in anger and punched the nearest tree, gaining her attention towards me. She turned around and looked at me with a poker face. But before she could come towards me, I left. I cannot face her right now.

I came to my room and lay on my bed, remembering how I met my friends for the first time. I was certain, that good and loyal friends are very rare. But Shawna was different from us. Her innocent and loyalty made our friendship stronger. Junnie was a very calm and sweet girl, I would be lying if I didn't notice her before. We were friends since Jenny and Junnie met at a fair. She use to visit our house often. But I have always maintained my distance as I knew she was higher in class and money. I did notice her before, not just as a friend, but also as a wonderful woman she has grown to but I was scared. Scared that she won't be seeing this as anything more than friendship, but when she did confess, I was happy and sad at the same time. What if it is just an infatuation? what if she fell out of love soon? Like my parents did... Our parents fell out of love but still stay together just for the sake of us. I have seen my mother crying all night waiting for my father. She had trusted the wrong person... They were a lovely couple but one day... Dad said he fell out of love with mom. She cried and begged but all he just did was ignore her. But unfortunately, they were still together just for our sake. People changes with time. I have been through this, so I don't want to make the same mistake. I want to wait till she realizes what she exactly wants.

But all is waste now, I knew it was just infatuation for her, as I can see her moving away from me, after my denial. She never tried again. She fell out of love as I have thought of.

Tears escaped from the corner of my eyes as I drift into sleep thinking all this.

SHAWNA'S POV: