A Birthday Surprise

[TWILLIGHT, AT WWS AT SHAWNA'S ROOM]

SHAWNA'S POV:

AFTER A MONTH- JUNE 12TH 2010.

FLASHBACK 10 YEARS AGO:

Gracious-" Shawna? Wake up, It's your birthday" She whispered

I rubbed my eyes while opening one eye, looking at her while still half-sleep. I was overjoyed to see Uncle Tom and mom holding a small cake with a candle on it. I immediately gave them a wide smile while hugging them while clapping my hands, I said-" It's my birthday..."

Mom broke the hug and replied-" It is my little princess. You are a big girl now, You have turned Seven"

I smilingly blew the candle and close my eyes wishing-" Please make my dad come back, I miss him so much"

END OF FLASHBACK.

FLASHBACK 6 YEARS AGO

Gracious-" Shawna? Oh! you are still awake?" she came inside holding a small cake in her hand with a candle on it

I replied with a small smile-" I was looking that if my wishes have worked for all these years."

I could see disappointment and sadness in her face, but she scoffed and replied-" Well, you should keep trying, someday it will all come true"

I nodded and blew the candle while wishing-" Dad, We miss you. I wish you were here with us today"

END OF FLASHBACK.

FLASHBACK 1 AND A HALF YEARS AGO:

I said while holding my mom's hand-" I don't need anything else mom, all I need is you, You are the best thing that I have"

Uncle Tom and Mom-" HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR"

I blew the candle wishing-" I hope we get a better life"

NEXT MORNING

I said-" Mom, don't go to work today, You are sick"

Mom replied with a smile on her face-" Don't worry about me, I am fine"