Cursed Blood

SHAWNA'S POV:

Life has always been cruel to me, I have lost all those who were once close to my heart. Standing here all alone. Well, they say, nobody's life is perfect and neither is that they are perfect... But guess that is how life is, like me. I am not perfect or either my life is, for me, life is now a mystery. It is always in suspense what the next morning bring for me?...

LIFE... the four-letter word... it's amusing how tiny and simple it looks, but when we see it closely, it is a big wide world. It would take another novel to write it all about.

I chuckled sarcastically to myself as these though were roaming in my mind, on my way back to the castle from Jenny's house.

Four years... have passed since the incident, but still, the haunted dreams triggered my mind to lose sometime. I have lost my dad, and once again I am an orphan now. there was no way I could bring him back into my life again. 

Tears rolled out from my eyes as soon as I remember the last time when I saw dad. His smile, his last words... His painful sacrifice... I closed my eyes in frustration as I remembered how I was tricked. A lot of things have changed since that day. We have lost, dad, king Nashall, uncle Ben. Luna was not seen since after the fight. Her packs were searching for her. We have listened that she was mourning the death of her husband... She will be back when her packs need them. A beta has taken over the pack for now. The wolves got the support of WitchDom.

Not just them, but a lot has changed in my life as well as my friend's life too. Brad and Junnie broke up after a few days of the battle. Junnie had left the WitchDom and had not been seen since after then. Jenny was waiting for John, who left with Priam. Praim was not seen these years... nor any news from WitchWorld had been heard. John as his knight had to stay with him. It has been 4 years since John hasn't returned to WitchDom. Jenny has been criticized because of John's absence. She has been diagnosed with an unknown disease, to which she only had a few more months left with her. Jonathan, her and John's only son, has never known his father yet. Patricia was like her sister who helped Jenny in her bad times and took over the responsibility of Jonathan after her. Brad had misunderstood me and made me responsible for all of these. 

I have lost it all now. Living a pathetic life, surrendering just to my people. I have been crowned as Queen last year after grandma retired. She is only there for me now. We have each other. Sometimes I missed my good life, where I had everything, a home, a family, friends, and the one for whom my heartbeats.

The WitchLands is safe now in the hands of professor Dunston and WWS. Brad has become a professor in dark arts in WWS. I was happy for him. But I wish I would see them once again like we were before. Together. 

I have hidden the pain in my heart all these years. no matter how much I ask for forgiveness, I would never be able to make things like before. Like how it was. I am just happy granny is there with me in all my journey. Sometimes I feel guilty. Standing in front of her, makes me feel like she was looking at the reason her son is alive no more.

Guilty of being, messed up in so many people's lives, made me feel heavy in my heart. But I have to survive... I have to live... for my dad, for my mom, for the sacrifice of King Nashall. 

The carriage stopped outside of my palace as one of the guards opened the gate for me as he bowed-" Welcome back Queen,"