Broken Promises

AFTER 4 YEARS***

MORGANTOWN, JENNY'S HOUSE

JENNY'S POV:

SEPTEMBER 2016. 1 AM, AT NIGHT.

'I have wondered what is life all these years

'I have wondered what is life all these years... But seemed to have not yet found a good answer for it. Well, for me all my life is now all about Jonathan. The one and only who lived for me and for whom I have lived for all these years.' I thought and looked at my side. The beautiful view of my small kid was making me fascinated with each second. 

My 4 years old son

My 4 years old son. His presence was the main reason for my existence, the proof of our love. The more I see him, the more I had the intention to live further. A smile curved at the corner of my lips as soon as my eyes wandered his tiny sleeping body. His angelic face and his small nose, making him look adorable and my heart rises at its peak. I caress his hair as my eyes kept looking at his cute pout which he make during his sleep. "Like father like son"- A low whimper escaped from my mouth.

I looked away from him as I walked slowly towards the study table of my room, without making much noise so that he won't be awake. I sat down as I grabbed the ink and pen and started writing another letter as usual.

Dear John,

How are you today? Are you taking care of yourself properly? Do you remember me? Do you know Jordan is 4 years old now?... He looks just like me, small and cute, but he makes pouts while sleeping. I wish you are here to witness him growing up. I miss you. We miss you, John.

Do you ever miss me? Do you not want to know about our son? Have you forgotten your promises? I wish to see you once before I leave. I didn't know that I won't be able to see you again after that night, if I would have known, I would have never let you go. 

Always remember I have loved you since I have understood love.

Yours

Jenny"

I closed the letter into four halves as I took out the letterbox from the shelves and put it with other letters. Hope he would come back one day and read this. At least this will make him know that I had missed him.