The Shadow

NEXT MORNING

JOHN POV:

I woke as I felt the heat in my skin

I woke as I felt the heat in my skin. Probably it was the rays of the Sun... I slowly moved. My body was feeling heavy. My head still hurt. Ahh!! what happened to me?.

Ugh... yes I remember... it was my wedding with Patricia yesterday. After leaving her home, I went to my usual place. The secret place which I and Jenny use to know. I was emotional. It all felt like a Deja Vu when I got married to Jenny.

FLASHBACK, LAST NIGHT***

How can I possibly forget her? It is not easy. She is in every part of me. The pain and sorrow which I was hiding in my heart, was no longer in control. So to forget all that I drank a lot yesterday. the emotional rush was killing me. Patricia was indeed a good girl but I can never give her the love that once I gave to Jenny.

 Patricia was indeed a good girl but I can never give her the love that once I gave to Jenny

She agreed to this marriage after knowing everything. I was one way happy that she is understanding me. But seeing her in a wedding gown was too much. Jenny's face was flashing before my eyes every time.

I feel guilty towards her. But I am helpless!!!. I love Jenny and will only continue to love her. Why...? Why did you leave me? I know I am a bad husband... But why did you let me marry someone else? How am I supposed to forget you? No... I cannot.

I drank so much till I can forget the pain. I don't remember after that.  

END OF FLASHBACK***

I tried to open my eyes as it felt a little heavy. My body felt some weight as I frowned a little. I opened my eyes to see as I saw Patricia was sleeping while Hugging me!!!!

My eyes widen to see her this close. I looked at myself. The two buttons of my shirt were opened. Did we?... We didn't... I am sure... I-I can't...!!! I was scared. Did I lose my control last night? Did I get intimate with her? No way... I gasped as I closed my mouth with one hand. I was looking at her with shock.

 I was looking at her with shock