Chapter 11

I'm not sure how long exactly I slept for, but the midnight black sky was a dead giveaway that it was far too long. I tapped on my phone screen to see that it's already 2:54 am. There's no chance he's awake right now especially since he has to be up in an hour.

I grabbed a hold of my desk and pulled myself up, a sharp pain shot through my back and neck making me freeze in place. I guess sleeping on the floor wasn't the smartest move.

Using the walls, I dragged myself over to the door and silently unlocked it before pulling it open. I took a step out just to see Mason sat against the wall, fast asleep. I guess he didn't go to bed either. Sighing, I grabbed a cushion from the couch and placed it on the floor before helping him lay down. He deserves the neck pain but at the same time I can't just leave him be.

My stomach was in knots and sounded as though I'd been starved for years. I opened the refrigerator to find a plate wrapped in foil with a note on it.

I know you're mad at me but make sure you eat - Mason

Digging, I looked over at him and closed the refrigerator before taking off the wrapping on the plate and placed it in the microwave.

Once it was warm, I took it out and sat at the dining table. He makes it so hard to be mad at him. It's reasons like this why I can't believe half the scenarios made up in my head. He's too caring and loves me too much, I know he does.

Despite not having eaten the entire day except breakfast at seven in the morning, my appetite was long gone after a couple bites. I put down my knife and fork and made my way over to Mason.

Do I wake him? Do I not? What if he's mad at me too?

After contemplating for a couple minutes, I gently shook him awake. He's stirred a little before his eyes squinted open. It took him a second or two to realise it was me and before I knew it he was up and alert. He looked at the cushion in confusion before sitting up straight and cupped my face in his hands.

"You okay?" He whispered as I shook my head and sat down. "What's up with you?" He asked as as he pulled me over to him and sat me on his lap while holding me tight, as though I'd run off once again.

"You're not leaving right?" I asked as he stroked my hair.

"No, never. Why would do I do that?" He asked.

"You're not cheating on me, right?" I asked as he burst into a fit of laughter.

"Yes, I am. Her names Mrs Bananas, we've had a thing going on for a while." He snorted as I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"So what are you hiding from me?" I asked as he went still, his hand no longer stroking my hair and his laughter gone.

"I can't tell you that, baby." He said softly after a while as I moved backwards and looked at his defeated face. "Especially now, you've got double the load of exams that you need to worry about." He said with a small smile.

"That's where you're wrong, by not telling me it's making it worse. All I seem to think about is what you're hiding from me and it's only been two days. I can barely concentrate for ten minutes because my mind instantly goes back to what it could possibly be." I sighed as I leaned against the wall.

"You've got an exam at one in the afternoon don't you?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Let's go to bed, wake up at nine and you can revise. I'll tell you after your exam." He said as I smiled and nodded.

"You don't have to go to the gym today." I mumbled as he chuckled and nodded his head.

"Let's go to bed." He said as he stood up and picked me up off the floor and carried me to our room. I'm pretty sure we both have back pains and neck pains from stupidly sleeping on the floor for so long in an awkward position.