Chapter 66

"Mason, please!" I groaned as he shot out of bed, shooting lasers through my skull. "For the sake of your children!" I yelled as I fell back onto our bed.

"Fuck! Fine!" He said in annoyance as I pulled myself up and got out of bed. "This is the last fucking time we're doing this." He warned as I rolled my eyes and nodded knowing this is nowhere near the last fudging time we're doing this.

"Mason, sometimes sleep isn't very important." I shrugged as he raised an eyebrow at me and scoffed.

"So what you're trying to say is 'I can't sleep so you can't sleep'?" He said as rolled my eyes but nodded anyway.

"The reason I can't sleep is because your offspring won't let me. All it means is that you shouldn't be allowed too, woman's rights, equality, freedom of speech, and all that jazz." I said as he slipped on his sneakers while I wrapped my large, fluffy, Mickey Mouse blanket around me.

It's currently seven o'clock in the afternoon and Mason is making it seem as though it's seven o'clock in the morning. He's been working extra hours over the last couple of months while I've been doing a bit of remote work. Aiden had asked me to manage the financing till he found a replacement for Jeff who had recently retired.

According to Aiden himself, no one in the finance department is capable enough to handle the big guns, but a twenty one year old, thirty one week pregnant woman who's going to be a future surgeon is. I'm not complaining though, I'll take a little extra cash even though I would've done it for free.

Anyway, I managed to get Mason to take a couple days off work just so he could recharge and get right back in before the babies are here. I don't think I'll get to the full nine month mark, and I'm convinced they'll come early. It could be any day or week from now.

"I don't care if we're in May, it's still freezing." He said as he pulled a woolly hat over my head before handing me a hoodie. "I don't get why you want to go out when you're carrying all this weight." He sighed as I rolled my eyes and put on the hoodie before rewrapping the blanket around me.

"Mason, it's good to stay active because it will help with labour." I explained. I swear I repeat the same thing at least sixteen times a day.

"I know it is but you need to take it easy." He said as we made our way down to the lobby.

We haven't been sunset watching in a while since I've been too tired, or convinced that I won't be able to walk all the way up the hill. Don't ask me why I think it'll be easier now that I'm so much more pregnant and can barely walk three steps without needing a break.

We used to watch the sunset almost every single day. After classes in the winter, we'd meet up at our spot and the first person there would get the ice cream and wait for the other. We'd sit there for an entire hour till the sun was completely gone. In the summer it's so much better because the sun is out so much more compared to the winter.

Walking through the park, we grew closer and closer to our spot and before we knew it we were stood at the bottom of the hill. Mason was already looking at me, an amused grin already on his face and we haven't even started walking up.

I took his hand and started walking up. Barely five seconds went by and I already felt as though my lungs were going to collapse on me. I was barely walking anymore, Mason was dragging me the entire way up. Walking up a hill, thirty one weeks pregnant with twins, is not a good idea. I feel like my belly might just fall off.

The second we got to the top I felt as relieved as ever, I've never sat down so quick in my life. Surprisingly, barely anyone was around at the park. No kids, no parents, no dogs. No one. It's as though we had the park to ourselves.