Chapter 29

Mason's POV:

I don't know what to do, or what to think. The sight of her lying on the floor screaming in pain alone was enough to send me over the edge. I've never been so terrified for someone in my entire life. I didn't know what I was doing, what I was saying, if I was even breathing. My brain was just working on its own accord sending instructions left right and centre.

It had only been half an hour since I had left her but a gnawing feeling in my gut told me to go and check up on her. There's no harm in seeing if she's okay.

Kade and I made our way to Bambi and I's apartment. We barely reached the front door and her scream made my blood run cold. I thought of every possibly scenario, that stalker guy could've gotten to her. She could be hurt.

I've never ran so fast in my life. The short distance from the front door to our bedroom was covered in a couple long strides and before I knew it was standing a couple feet away from Everly lying on the floor. Her face scrunched up in pain as she sobbed in pain.

"It's really bad, make it stop!" She yelled as hot tears streamed down her cheeks. She was almost begging, and trust me when I say I would've taken all the pain in heartbeat.

"Kade, go start my car and bring it out front." I said as I handed him my car key and watched as he sprinted out of our room.

I gently picked her up off the floor, careful not to move her too much. The slightest movement was already causing her so much pain, I didn't want to add to it. She held onto my T-shirt as tight as she possibly could as she cried in pain.

I didn't bother locking the door and ran down the hallway and to the lift. I pressed the button with my foot and impatiently waited for the lift to come up from the car park. Each passing second she was in more and more pain and I felt absolutely hopeless.

"Come on, come on." I whispered to myself as the doors split open letting me in.

The ride down to the lobby was absolute torture. My hands were shaking but I kept a firm hold on her. My heart was pounding in my chest ready to explode right out. I made sure to look at her every second I got in case she closed her eyes, and she hadn't but she was getting there. Her eyes were fluttering shut and all I could do was tell her to hold on a little longer. Just a little.

Kade was right in front of the doors with the car running ready to leave, I gently placed her in the backseat and got in with her head on my lap. The second the door was closed, we were off. He was driving as fast as he possibly could, occasionally checking in on us.

"We're a couple minutes away Mason, keep her awake." He said he picked his phone up and held it against his ear after tapping a few buttons.

"Cmon gorgeous, show me those big green eyes. I can't have you sleeping on me yet." I said as I tapped her cheeks. She looked so out of it, as though she'd been drugged and had no idea what was going on. Her face was as white as a cloud and her eyes looked so distant. The sparkle that's usually there was gone.

"I just got off the phone with Kelly, she'll have a stretcher ready for us the second we get there." Kade said as I looked forward to see the hospital not too far away from us. We were barely a minute away.

"M...Mason." She groaned as her eyes instantly shut, her face scrunched up in pain. "Please make it stop." She breathed out as my hold on her tightened.

"You'll be fine, I promise." I reassured her. And she will be.

Kade stopped the car right at the entrance of the hospital and got out of the car. He opened the car door for me as I got out with Everly in my arms. I ignored the handful of people slowly walking in and pushed passed every single one of them.