Glasses (Crimeboys)

Side note — Information may be incorrect as I do not have glasses myself
-
Warning(s) — none
-
Content Creators — Tommyinnit and Wilbur Soot
—————————————————————
Tommy POV
"Pleaseeeee Willll." I whine, making grabby motions towards his glasses.

"No Tommy- these glasses aren't toys; they help me see." Will responds with a head shake.

"But it's only for reading! You're not reading right now!" I try to reason, giving him my best puppy eyes.

"I- ugh- fine you win." He sighs and passes me his glasses.

"Yes!" I yell and do a victory swivel in his office chair.

I take the glasses and put them on, being careful to not break them.

Whoa... okay I was expecting everything to be blurry but why does everything look clearer?

I lift the glasses up and place them back to normal and repeat it a few times. Wilbur looks at me strangely as I do so.

"You okay there Tommy?" He asks with his brows knitted.

"Umm, yeah just- just give me a second." I respond, leaving the glasses on my eyes.

I look around more. This is so weird. Everything should look super blurry not clear as day.

I bite my lip and take them off passing them back to Will.

He places them back on the desk. "What just happened?" He asks with obvious confusion.

"Nothing, I swear. I was just confused why everything looks so clear with them on, and not blurry like it should be." I explain but he just looks even more confused.

"Umm, you know like how people say when you put glasses on when you don't need them everything's blurry and gives you a headache? When I put them on it was like- it was clearer? Strange, right?" I say with a weak, unsure laugh but Will just stares dumbfounded at me.

"You alright there will?" I ask, slight hint of concern in my voice.

"Tommy, have you ever got your eyes checked?" He asks.

"I- uh- no? Not that I know of." I answer. Why would he ask me that?

"Tommy, when you put the glasses on, your eye-sight shouldn't have been clearer." He states as if obvious, getting up and grabbing his keys.

"What? What are you doing?" I ask, although confused I stand up as well.

He walks to the door and opens it, "come on, we're going to the Optometrist." He explains and starts walking out.

"What's an Op- om- er- ist?" I ask, unsure of the word. I'm now by his side as we walk towards the elevator.

"An Optometrist," He corrects, "Is a person who checks your eyes to see if you need glasses."

I stop, "why would we need to go there?" I ask with confusion, but- maybe I know what he's getting at.

"I think you might need glasses." He hesitates slightly, putting his arm around me.

"I- uh- okay." I stutter in shock. I mean, yeah, I saw this coming after he started acting weird but it's still an odd thought, innit? I don't think the idea of having glasses has ever crossed my mind.

Once we leave the building we head towards a cab parked on the side of the street. Will must've called it while we were in the elevator, I wouldn't have noticed as the thought of glasses was and still is frightening me. There's nothing wrong with glasses of course, but- it's just- it's different. New.