Stupid? (Foolish)

Side Note — Based on the recent 'Name Your Price' Austin Show (14/10/22), everything should be taken platonically.
-

Warning(s) - Anxiety
-
Content Creators — Foolish, Punz, Ranboo, Jack Manifold, Austin, Will and Caroline—————————————————————
Foolish POV
I start scribbling down three answers while thinking aloud. I write July in capital letters down the page, then writing the dates 1999 and 1996. While I'm writing my last answer (2001) I can hear laughter as the other contestants look at my answers.

I ignore it and finish my answer, "Okay." I put the sharpie lid back on the sharpie.

"Why have you only guessed three years apart?" Ranboo laughs with quiet chuckles from the others.

So that's what they're laughing about, I didn't even notice. I laugh too in slight embarrassment and the others laughs only get louder.

"You had three guesses and you only guessed three years apart?" Austin exclaims and I move my hair out of my face.

"Okay, okay." I say, taking the lid off the sharpie. What should I change?

Even though my heads down I can feel all the eyes on me. I hesitantly scratch out the first one that I thought was a pretty good guess.

What if they're all judging me? Just waiting for me to make a stupid guess? What if they think I'm stupid? No, no, no, they're my friends they wouldn't think that. Or at least say it out loud.

I feel my eyes start to water and become glossy. Thankfully, I still have the sunglasses on, so no one can see. I shake my head a bit to get rid of the thoughts. I write down the date 1991 while maintaining a smile.

"Alright, alright!" Austin yells and the laughter dies out.

"Let's do foolish last." he says, starting at Jack. I'm feeling confident in my answers, how old could the coleslaw really be? Maybe changing to 1991 was a good idea.

But as everyone else reveals their answers, I feel a little less confident about mine. It's stupid, really. It's not the end of the world if I get it wrong, but why does it feel like that?

"-and Foolish, you had three guesses." Austin states, now standing in front of me.

"Okay so," I start putting on the smile I've had most the show, "these are my three guesses." I hold up the board. "All in July." I add, running a finger down the answers. Laughter? Why are they laughing? Are they laughing at me? My smile falls for split-second.

Austin walks back to the table. "Foolish," He begins, making it as suspense full as possible. This is the moment of truth...

"None of those are correct."

I blink, "Oh." I mumble quietly, only loud enough for me to hear it and quiet enough, so the mic won't pick it up.

Oh. So that's why they were laughing...

My eyes begin to burn up, but no, I won't cry. It's a stupid reason to cry.

I try not to show my disappointment and subtly wipe my eye from under my glasses.

"Look. Look at the board, look at the podium." Austin says, pointing at my podium.

I've dropped my smile. It would probably be weirder if I was smiling at this point in time.

"Question marks" Will states. My answers haven't gone onto the bottom of it, so I stand my clipboard up so the camera can see once more.

"Foolish, that's incorrect. I'm so sorry" Austin finishes, bowing his head and my podium buzzes red.