Stood Up (Jack Manifold|Tommyinnit)

This oneshot may contain Inappropriate language, if a warning needs to be added please let me know.
-
Side Note — for: @ksimon_sidemen
-
Warning(s) — none
-
Content Creators — Jack Manifold and Tommyinnit
—————————————————————
Jack POV
It's dark, the only light around is from the lamps on the side of the street. Since it's a Saturday night, it isn't as crowed as a Sunday or Thursday, which is why a few of my friends and I decided to have dinner at a restaurant around ten minutes away from where I'm walking.

As I walk, I pass by many pubs, clubs and restaurants, none of them looking the same. Some have different themes, like the 80s or-

I double take, looking into the window of a pub and seeing a boy with blonde hair.

Tommy?

I can't see the boy's face as his face is in his hands. His hair is the same as Tommy's, blonde, fluffy and looks almost identical to Wilbur's. He's wearing a black hoodie with gray jeans and is sitting at a table, alone, with a glass of water in front of him.

That's definitely Tommy, but why would he be alone?

I pull my phone out of my pocket, checking the time. If I don't go now I'll be late, but I can't just leave Tommy, something has to be wrong. Even if there isn't, I don't want him alone at a pub.

I send a quick message to my friends, letting them know that there's an emergency and that we'll have to do it another time. I stuff my phone back into my pocket, not waiting for their answers and walk to the front door of the pub.

I push the door open and the little bell dings. The person at the counter smiles at me and I just point to Tommy to which they nod. I walk to the table where Tom is sitting alone at, approaching slower as I near closer.

"Tommy?" I say his name softly as to not startle him, placing my hand down softly on his shoulder.

Although my best attempt of not startling him, he still gets startled and his head shoots up, turning to me.

My worry becomes warranted as he turns to look at me. His eyes are bloodshot, and his nose and cheeks are red, tears streaming down his face.

Once realisation hits him, he wipes his face with the sleeve of his jumper, turned away from me.

I walk around and sit on the seat opposite him, "Are you okay?" I ask, and clearly, his not, but it's what you say when someone's crying or hurt.

He gives me his best fake grin, "What are you doing here Mr Manifold?" he responds, dodging the question.

"I could ask you the same question." I frown, giving him a look between concern and worry.

"I-uh- just.. came to eat?" he responds, uncertain of his own words. It's a terrible lie. He's clearly been crying and all he has in front of him is a glass of water. He sniffles and tries too subtly wipe his eyes of the tears threatening to spill.

"Tommy." I push and he sighs, looking down at his hands, rubbing them before looking up to me.

"I-um-" he clears his throat, "-was supposed to meet someone- a girl here, but she didn't show up." He explains sadly, his voice slightly hoarse now that he's not pretending his fine.

I don't say anything and wait for him to continue.

"And I really like- liked her. We organised to go on a date here around an hour ago, but she didn't turn up. I texted her but she left me on read, so yeah." He sighs, straightening up before hunching over again.

"I'm sorry Toms, you deserve much better."

"It's fine man, don't worry about it." he shrugs. He takes his phone out of his hoodie's pocket, turning it on and instantly shoving it into his pocket dejectedly. "What are you doing here anyways?" He asks, probably wanting to change the subject.

"I was heading to a restaurant to meet some old friends, but I saw you in the window, so I wanted to make sure you were okay." I explain and he starts apologising.

"I'm sorry. You can go meet your friends now, I'll be fine." He insists but I shake my head with a slight laugh.

"Don't be sorry, you're much more important. I can always reschedule." I reassure.

I shuffle out of the seat and stand next to him; he looks at me confused but I just hold my hand out.

"Come on, let's go find somewhere to eat. Just me and you." I say and he smiles, taking my hand before shuffling out as well.

"Before we go, so we don't become criminals, do we need to pay for anything?" I joke and he shakes his head.

"Nope, tap waters free." He laughs and we walk out of the pub.

He changes from holding my hand to linking our arms as we walk. ———————————————————————
Hi! Hope you enjoyed! Leave a request if you have one!