Sushi (Karl Jacobs)

This oneshot may contain Inappropriate language, if a warning needs to be added please let me know.
-
Side Note — Platonic only, not romantic.
-
Warnings — None
-
Content Creators — Karl Jacobs and MrBeast
——————————————————————
Karl POV
"Hang on chat. I believe someone's at the door." I say after hearing the doorbell go off. "I'll be right back chatters." I give them a thumbs up, taking my headphones off and placing them to the right of my keyboard before heading out the door.

I've been looking for an escape so I can take a break from the stream. Streaming for four hours is harder than it seems, especially when you're only playing with yourself and when you're hungry.

I haven't been able to go shopping for groceries yet; I've been busy with streaming, filming for Mr Beast and filming for my channel. So, I'm pretty sure I'll go shopping tomorrow since I don't think I have anything on.

As I walk down the stairs a ping come from my phone. I pause and quickly pull out my phone from my pocket. I don't want to leave the person at the door waiting.

Jimmy
Yo, open the door
sent 6:23 pm

Jimmy's at the door? Why is he- I mean, at least he didn't break in this time.

I rush down the rest of the stairs, sliding along the tile with my socks and coming to a quick stop at the front of the door. I fiddle with the lock, turning it to unlock the door.

"Jimmy." I sing as I open the door with a wide smile, opening it wider to allow him in.

"Hey Karl." He smiles, holding up a bag of Sushi? Before walking in and heading straight to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, following him into the kitchen where he's taking out the different trays of sushi and two chopsticks.

I don't mean it in a bad way at all. I'm glad he's here, especially with food but how'd he know I'm hungry? And it's like- almost 6:30 which isn't late, but it is late for someone to show up unexpectedly.

"I bring food. Sushi to be exact." He responds simply, turning to look at me.

"I can see that, but why?" I laugh, taking a seat down on one of the many stools on the other side of the kitchen bench.

"I was watching your stream and I've been your friend long enough to know when you're both hungry and dying of boredom." he explains with a light chuckle, sliding me over a small tray of my favourite sushi and chopsticks. Inside out avocado and tuna salad. Plain and simple but amazing.

"Thanks Jimmy, you're a real one." I laugh, taking the containers lid off before grabbing one of the sushi pieces and eating it.

"I did give you chopsticks for a reason." he sighs with a light chuckle, sitting down on the stool to the left of me.

I point a finger at him, covering my mouth with my other hand as I quickly finish chewing. "If you knew me well, you would know that I don't know how to use chopsticks." I accuse.

He rolls his eyes but does the same thing as me, picking up the sushi with his hands and eating it. His is much more complicated, with some sort of fish in it.

"Let me go end stream and then we can continue down here." I say, remembering that I am still streaming upstairs, and it's been almost ten minutes.

"I'll come with." He responds, getting off the stool and following me upstairs.

I open the door to the office, walking in and sitting down on the chair as Jimmy stands just out of the cameras view, probably waiting for an introduction. I place the headphones back on my head, the music from Spotify now playing another song.

"Hey chat! I'm back!" I exclaim, going to streamlabs and bringing up chat on the main monitor. The chat rolls in with various messages of hi and welcome back.

"So, this will be the end of the stream everybody! But first I want to show you who was at the door!" I announce with a high level of fake enthusiasm, not at not being excited about Jimmy here but just because I'm feeling drained.

The chat takes there goes guessing before I announce Jimmy, waving him over into the cameras view. "Hey guys." he waves, bending down a bit. "I'm sorry but I have to take Karl from you, I brought Sushi!" he apologises before hyping up the chat, placing both his hands down on my shoulders.

"Sushi! Sushi! Sushi!" I celebrate with the chat in whispers, reaching a hand to my shoulder and putting it over Jimmy's.

"Alright bye chatters! Thank you for watching and have a great rest of your day or night!" I exclaim, waving bye with my free hand, same as Jimmy.

This time various messages of goodnight and bye are shared through chat. I continue waving them off until I end stream, raiding Nick on his alt before I go.

"I've never been so happy to end stream." I sigh, leaning back in my chair and he hums.

"I can imagine it gets pretty tiring, but since it's only- almost seven, want to eat Sushi while watching adventure time?" he suggests, removing his hands form my shoulders so I can get up.

"You have never known me better." I laugh, racing him down the stairs.

We grab the sushi containers and a soft drink can for the each of us before making ourselves comfortable on the couch. Jimmy leans against the armrest, still sitting up straight while I lie against his side, practically taking up the whole couch.

We turn the TV on, loading up Hulu and selecting where we last left off. In a comfortable silence, we watch through a few episodes, laughing at certain lines or talking about something that we just remembered.

We've watched maybe 5 episodes by now? and we finished the sushi on the first one. My eyes are starting to feel heavy, which is bound to happen considering we're in the dark, watching a bright screen and I'm lying down.

I look up to Jimmy, who still looks wide awake and is watching the series intently as if it's his first time watching it. Which it's not. We've watched the whole series together at least once before this.

I'm grateful he's here. Otherwise, I might just still be streaming, forcing myself to have fun and make good content for chat's entertainment. Other days, I love creating content for them but that's when I have the energy and feel up to it. When it's not forced.

But it's not just that. Ever since I met Jimmy he's just always felt like a safe person- if that makes sense. He's kind and friendly. I don't think we've ever gotten in an argument that's not a friendly one, we clicked that well.

He's also always been welcoming and there for me. When I first joined the Mr Beast crew, when everyone was saying that I "ruined Mr Beast", he always made sure I knew otherwise. Always reassuring me after filming, saying that I did good, or you were great today. And he still does.

Patting me on the back after filming as well as just in general. Giving me one-armed hugs whenever he's close by or standing next to me while talking. Giving me the full thing when I need it. He must've realised a while ago that I like the physical touch as I don't remember when he didn't do this.

I stifle a yawn and slowly close my eyes, pulling the blanket we had set out a bit ago tighter around me. "'night Jimmy. Love you." I say, waiting for a response before I fall asleep.

"Goodnight Karlmumph, love you too." he responds not even a second after.

I fall asleep with a smile planted on my face.
————————————————————————
Hi! Hope you enjoyed! Leave a request if you have one