Thank you (Lovejoy|Tommyinnit)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate language, if a warning needs to be added please let me know.
-
Side Note — Merry Christmas! Sorry, this is a tad late, but I hope the wait was worth it!
-
Warnings — none
-
Content Creators — Tommyinnit, Wilbur Soot, Ash Kabosu, Mark Boardman and Joe Goldsmith
—————————————————————
Tommy POV
"I'll get it." Mum says as she quickly walks past me in the living room and to the front door. There was a knock at the door only a few seconds ago, and she's never quick to answer the door.

I ignore her weird behaviour and pay my attention back to Betty and Walter. I'm curled up on the couch with a new blanket mum got me, Walters on my lap with Betty beside me as the floor isn't really an option with all the wrapping paper everywhere.

The room is also scattered with presents everywhere, most are mine, but some are mum and dads too. They got me stuff from posters to new filming equipment.

Christmas with my parents has been great, but I really wish I was able to spend at least a little bit of time with the band for Christmas as well. But it's fine. As soon as I get back to Brighton, I'm going straight to Will's apartment where we and the band are going to have a late Christmas.

I have an extra bag upstairs for their presents, along with thing I'll need while I'm there. I made them beaded bracelets with a red colour scheme, with the beads their names are in between them. The bracelets are basically friendship bracelets for the five of us, which is sappy, I know, but they already have all the money in the world, and you can't buy Tommyinnit made friendship bracelets, can you?

I also may have a second present for Will. This one isn't handmade but it's not like- ummm. It's not something that you can ordinarily buy, its custom made and much more meaningful.

The dog's heads snapping up to face the direction of the front door pulls me from my thoughts. I can hear faint muffled voices through the wall. Family friends? If it were a postman or something the conversation wouldn't have gone on this long. Plus, it's Christmas, barely anyone works on Christmas.

"It's alright. I think we just have some company." I say softly to Betty and Walter, reaching out to pet them back to their calmed state so they don't start barking.

"Hey Dad? Who's at the door?" I ask as he begins to walk past the living room to the front door.

He pauses, opening him mouth to quickly close it when he can't think of a reply. "Uhm, just some family friends Tom. Do you want to start cleaning up the wrapping paper in case they come in?"

Ahhhh so I was right then. "Yeah, alright." I respond. He gives me a weak thumbs up before continuing his venture to the front door.

"Sorry Walter but I have to clean up." I say quietly, not wanting to disturb them more. I gently lift him off my lap, quickly standing up so I can place him where I was sitting.

I fall to my knees and begin scrunching all the wrapping paper into one big ball that I hold close to my chest. Of course, there's people here. It's not that I don't want them here- okay that's a lie. I don't want them here at all. I just wanted to spend a nice Christmas with the parents with no uninvited guests, because I'm pretty sure mum would've told me beforehand if someone were coming over.

"He's just in here." Mum's voice, which is much clearer now, is strangely not in her 'there are guests' voice, instead in her default 'talking to family' voice. A few more footsteps follow her in, I can tell when they hit the carpet as it tends to creak.

Instead of seeing who it is, I scramble to my feet with the some of the wrapping paper still kept close to my chest. Is it people I know? I should probably che-