negative outweighs the positive (Smajor|Wilbur Soot)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate language and/or sensitive scenes
-
Side note — Requested by: @puggythegreat and knivesandspoons on ao3
-
Warnings — none
-
Content Creators — Smajor and Wilbur Soot
————————————————————
Scott doesn't think he can do it anymore; being a content creator that is. He tries so, so hard to make videos, edit them and lastly post them, all while he's busy setting up MCC, both the map and the teams. But it all seems to be for nothing.

Scott lies across his couch with his back resting firmly against the armrest, his laptop resting on his lap as he had just released three of the MCC teams. He just released three of the MCC teams and now he has to deal with the aftermath.

Layers of hate filter through the comment section, which doesn't usually concern him as it's normal. He doubts that there's one content creators that hasn't received any hate. But now as he looks at it, his eyes swirl with hurt.

Organising this MCC event has been more trouble than not for Scott. Many other content creators have dropped out of the next coming few, and some have permanently. This doesn't mean Scott's mad at them or anything, he understands that they have other things going on, but God did it make everything so much harder.

Teams were harder to organise as they there weren't as many sign-ups for this month, resulting in the removal of two teams. In so, Scott had to deny more than a few people in joining this month. In so, the teams that remained weren't as thought out as Scott would usually make them.

That caused the backlash.

Of course, the content creators have no problem with the fixups, but the fans.. the fans do. Whether it's that they don't like who 'their' content creator is in a team with, or that they wanted 'their' content creator to be with a certain person. Though, Scott really should've expected this. If he gets hate for his well-though out teams, then he should've expected to get double that for the not so thought-out teams.

Scott reaches for the laptop lid and slowly brings it down, closing it. He places it on the coffee table before bringing his hands to his face and lifting his legs to his chest.

Tears pool in his eyes. He can't do this anymore. The stress, the hate, he can't do it anymore. It's too much. He's...he's done.

Sobs tumble from his mouth, his weak attempt to muffle the sound with his mouth failed. His breaths turn to wheezes, hands clamped in his hair.

H- he.. he can't- can't...

"Scott?"

Scott's head shoot up to the direction of the voice, his heart fast from being startled. There, looking down at him worriedly from the top of the staircase, stands Wilbur. Shit.

His hands shoot up to wipe the tears from his face less than subtly, the sounds from his sniffles don't help the situation either. He manages a smile and looks back up to Wilbur, "Yeah?"

Wilbur frowns, "I finished setting the thing up upstairs, I... are you alright?"

Scott tries for his best happy face and quickly nods his head, "Yeah, I'm all good. Thanks for helping out, I've just had so much to do lately. Um.. you, ah... you can head out if you want." Scott's eyes widen as he realises the implication of his words, "I'm not kicking you out or anything, but I don't want to keep you here any longer, I'm sure you have better things to do-"

"Scott." Wilbur says and Scott's mouth clamps shut. Wilbur sighs, "Scott, what's wrong? You- don't lie to me, I can tell something up, you're less than subtle." he walks down the stairs, crashing onto the couch at Scott's feet.

Scott looks down at his hands before looking back up at Wilbur. He shouldn't. He really shouldn't. Wilbur's already helped him so much today by helping him set up stuff in his office while he works, he shouldn't need to listen to Scott's inner-monologue. But selfishly, very selfishly, Scott wants- needs someone to talk about this with.

He clears his throat, "I.. um," what a great start. He has all the thoughts there, but saying it just seems to be so much harder.

Wilbur gives him a look of understanding, "Come here," he opens the arm closest to Scott out, and Scott doesn't hesitate. He shuffles around until he's comfortable being hugged into Wilbur's side, Wilbur's arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"I... I can't do it anymore." He admits.

"Can't do..?" Wilbur trails off, waiting for an explanation.

Scott sighs, leaning his head back against the couch. "This. Content creating. It's.. it's so tiring and the stress is ridiculous- not to mention it all ends up being for nothing! No matter what I do, the negative responses always outweigh the positive. I can't do it anymore.. I want- want to quit. Quit YouTube, MCC- everything to do with the internet." He glances up to Wilbur, hoping for once, a positive reaction.

Wilbur's mouth slides into a soft, sad smile. "I know how you're feeling- obviously to an extent, but I still get it. I get wanting to just log off of all social medial platforms and never return; I've been tempted many times. But I remember everyone I've met through doing this, and though there is always so much hate and shit, I do this for myself more than anyone else. Just... take a break, okay? You desperately need one and no one's going to tell you otherwise. You've been nonstop with YouTube and working on MCC, you deserve it. Take time to think about what you want to do - if you want to continue YouTube and MCC, or if you maybe want to do just one of them, maybe neither at all. But take some time to think about it, okay?"

Scott takes Wilbur's words to mind. Maybe a break would be a good idea - a chance to think about the decisions he can make moving forward. He needs this. A break.

"Yeah, I... I think I will." Scott gives a soft smile in return.

"See? Doesn't Wilbur always have the best advice?" Wilbur attempt to lighten the mood, and it works.

Scott snorts in response before rolling his eyes, "Sure."

It doesn't take long for Wilbur to pull a blanket across the both of them, grabbing the remote and putting a random movie on. Scott doesn't mind, rather he's grateful for the distraction and company, so he lays his head on Wilbur's shoulder and acknowledges that this is going to be the first out of many movies they watch tonight.
—————————————————————
Hi! Leave a request if you have one
Hope you enjoyed @puggythegreat