If Tommy says it'll pass soon, then Tubbo believes him. (Clingy Duo)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate and/or sensitive scenes. If a warning needs to be added please let me know.
-
Side Note — Strictly platonic
For: @Nycto_Nyx
-
Warnings — Panic attacks and Astraphobia (fear of thunder)
-
Content Creators — Tubbo and Tommyinnit
——————————————————————
A simple sleepover at his best friend's apartment was all it was supposed to be. There wasn't supposed to be any thunder. There wasn't supposed to be lightning. And he certainly was not supposed to fall into a panic attack. In the middle of the night. In his best friend's bed. But here he is; eyes wide with fear and his hand pressed firmly against his mouth to prevent the sound of his sobs. The last thing he wants is to wake Tommy up.

Tears pour from his eyes as thunder claps outside the building, lightning seeping through the curtains. He flicks his eyes to his friend, whose sound asleep as Tubbo wishes he could be. He selfishly wishes the blonde would wake up, notice his tear-stained face and give him a hug. But Tubbo won't allow himself to wake the younger himself. Tommy's been stressed enough the past week with organising his new tour, this sleepover's supposed to be a relaxing event for the two of them. He'll be fine - he's just got to wait for the storm to pass over.

He leans his head against the bed frame behind him, his legs resting uncomfortably against his chest. He squints his eyes closed and desperately tries to cling onto the sound of the pouring rain outside, instead of the crashing thunder and beams of light. Although his fear of thunder and lightning is strong, he's always taken a liking to the sound of rain hitting concrete, tin roofs, umbrellas. It's comforting. But the thunderous sound is much louder than the rain, the pitter patter only being a soft sound.

He feels childish - being afraid of the same thing he was afraid of when he was five. It's such a childish fear. Being afraid of the loud, booming noise. Being afraid of the bright, zig-zaggy light. Being afraid of thunder and lightning.

He shivers regardless of the many layers he has over him to keep him warm. Along with wearing a sweater over a long-sleeved shirt and wearing tracksuit pants, Tommy's always been one for being cold 24/7, so his quilts are always the warmest.

Thunder booms louder than it has since the storm started, and Tubbo can't help but let out a little whimper. But he couldn't stop at the whimper. Tear spill furiously and all of a sudden, sobs erupt from his throat as he can no longer keep them at bay. The pain from keeping them back is released, and all he can do is let it.

He glances a few times in Tommy's direction, just to see whether he's woken him up. But he can never tell, tears have blurred his vision to the point he can't even blink them away. He doesn't want to wake Tommy. He can't do that to the blonde. He's been so busy, and this is probably the longest his slept all week. The thoughts of annoying the blonde fill his mind; the sobs becoming louder.

He knows he should probably leave the bedroom. That he should retreat to the living room, panic there. But he just can't move. He feels numb. His legs won't move as he wants. It's like he's paralysed. Maybe he's dying? He can't think of a reasonable reason why he might be, but it doesn't know what else this could be. Or maybe... maybe he's waiting for Tommy to wake up. For him to realise that maybe Tubbo isn't alright.

Each breath gets shorter and shorter as he panics. He shakily brings his hands to his ears, pressing down as hard as he can to stop the loud booming. But it doesn't work. It never works. The loud noise only quietens down a tad. He can taste the salt of his tears as they roll onto his lips and down the rest of his face. He doesn't doubt that his face is a red, wet mess.

"Toby..?" A tired voice startles him. He looks to his right to make out the silhouette of Tommy rubbing his eyes with a yawn.

Tubbo's eyes widen in realisation. He's woken Tommy up. But isn't that what he wanted? He wanted Tommy to wake up and comfort him. But now he desperately wants him to go back to sleep. Wants him to sleep in until eight and be unknown to what happened during the night.

He quickly rubs his eyes free from the tears and sniffs. What's he supposed to do? It's obviously he's been crying. He, without a doubt, looks a mess.

He remains quiet. Watching stiffly as the blonde's figure moves into a sitting position, looking wearily at Tubbo.

"Toby? Are you okay?"

"Yeah- yeah, I'm fi-" He goes to weakly reassure the younger but gets cut off by a massive boom of thunder. Probably the loudest his heard in his life. And that's just enough to knock him off the wall he was standing on, and into the crashing waters below.

He lets out a frightened yell and begins sobbing again. But this time. He's not alone. He's not sobbing alone, wishing his best friend would awake. Now, Tommy's awake. Now, Tommy's enveloping him into a hug, arms wrapped around his waist, and head in his hair.

"It's okay Tubs, it'll pass soon." Tommy murmurs reassuringly, moving his arms up to run his hands through Tubbo's hair. And Tubbo trusts him. If Tommy says it'll pass soon, then Tubbo believes him.

Tubbo continues to sob into the younger's chest, not from the fright of the storm, but in relief. Relief that Tommy's here now. And Tubbo knows that Tommy would protect him from whatever and no matter what.

"I trust you."
———————————————————————
Hi! Leave a request if you have one
Hope this was good @Nycto_Nyx