The emotions a lyric can hold (crimeboys)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate language and/or sensitive scenes
-
Side note — more crimeboys! next will probably be ranboo-centric
Requested by: @Mariboo_Wolf
-
Warnings — a little panic
-
Content Creators — Tommyinnit and Wilbur Soot
————————————————————
Each lyric was wrapped in soft cotton, gently cared for as it was delivered across the sound wave. Each lyric was laced in love and the emotion that pulled at Tommy the most. Each lyric held a part of Tommy within itself. Each lyric was Tommy, and they held meanings beyond anyone's mind but his own – they held emotion and secrets. They were Tommy.

While the lyrics may never have been Tommy's creation, they twist and contort to be Tommy's reflection - reluctant of himself and deep emotions. As the sounds leave his throat the lyrics rise with the softness of sound, a small part of Tommy rises with it over, and over, and over again. One day, Tommy will disappear with an everlasting note held in a repeated sound wave. 

Music was the one thing that he wasn't forced to share with the world; it was his safe space – his own little world. A world full of lullabies, instruments, and an uplifting note to settle the mood. A world that was his own that carried his own freedom, and voice. It was a nice change from the loudness and harshness of his voice during streams and talking with others.

Within his apartment, in the wide living room that held various instruments and speakers, light music played from the speakers as his fingers waltzed against the keys of the keyboards, gracefully pressing up and down the keyboard as he varied in sounds, but mainly remained in the upper-key. Tommy threw his head back with a wide grin as he smashed his fingers onto the keyboard, revelling himself into the music and bared the freedom that came with it.

As the music quieted down to the second verse, Tommy's fingers traced across a few keys before pressing a button to make them repeat. Dropping his hands to his side, Tommy shut his eyes and let the waves of music crash into him over and over in never ending comfort. It wasn't loud, or overbearing, it was quiet and soft; a peaceful tune of the atmosphere.

The music wafted through the air and Tommy found his body swaying to the rhythm. Rising from the chair planted in front of the keyboard, Tommy's feet planted themselves onto the ground and began a newfound movement of turning and jumping from furniture to furniture. The lyrics bubbled in his throat, and only as he dramatically jumped to the floor did he let them spill.

"And I was runnin' far away, would I run off the world someday?"

The lyrics were not his own, but they meant all the same. That search for escape, but the desire to stay.

"Nobody knows, Nobody knows,"

This part of Tommy was all his – it wasn't shared with the world, his friends, or family, it was all his. It was his to create and know about, it was his world.

"And I was dancing in the rain, I felt alive and I can't complain," 

Every step was in a waltz like movement, letting the flood of sound drown his systems.

"But no, take me home, take me where I belong.. I got no other place to go,"

Tommy's body moved with the sway of the song as his heart bubbled with a sense of joy mixed with anguish.

"No, take me home, take me where I belong.. I can't take it anymore,"

As Tommy connected to the lyrics- the emotions, his mind was fuzzy and focused on the sounds and vibrations. As he twirled and lyrics tumbled from his tongue, he didn't notice the loud impact that met with the door.

"But I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall,"

He didn't notice the sudden movement of the front door opening.

"And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall,"

He didn't notice the squeak of the floorboards as someone approached closer.

"And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall,"

He didn't notice the set of peering eyes watching him in wonder.

"And I kept runnin' for a soft place to fall,"

He didn't notice that his safe space was intruded.

"And I was runnin' far away,"

Until he noticed movement in the side of his eye, and suddenly the music rang in his ears until it turned into a loud buzz. His heart skipped a beat as he slowly turned to look behind him, his senses now heightened and his eyes wide. His thoughts raced at the thought of an intruder, but not just someone there to possibly hurt him, but someone invading his world- his private world. As Tommy came face-to-face with the intruder, everything stops as he stares at the man like a dear in headlights.

Wilbur.

As Tommy's eyes remained trained on Wilbur, Wilbur fidgeted uncomfortably under his gaze and offered Tommy an awkward wave. Tommy didn't move. But his mind did. Thoughts raced through his mind, and while majority of them were irrational, he didn't find himself caring at the time. He had one main focus, and that was being intruded on – how his space became intruded on.

His body shook but his stance remained stiff and strong, though his eyes rapidly looked anywhere but Wilbur. He was stuck in the middle of unsurety and couldn't physically find it within him to move. So he didn't. He remained stiff as his heart raced and music buzzed deafeningly in his ears.

His eyes trained on the ground as he tried to get a grip on himself, but everything was too much. No one was supposed to stop by. No one was supposed to see his world. No one was supposed to hear him. But now someone had, and it was too much.

Then there were arms wrapped around his waist, bringing him into the comfort of his brother. Tommy didn't move away although everything in him told him to thrash his arms, kick his legs, just anything to get away from the intruder. He couldn't. The arms that held him squeezed him comfortingly as Wilbur's face found itself in Tommy's hair.

The racing thoughts calmed until they held nothing but the thought of Wilbur, and his once stiff posture relaxed into Wilbur's grasp. Tommy found himself turning around and burying his face into Wilbur's shoulder as he wrapped his arms around the man's neck.

Tommy supposed he could let Wilbur into his world.