Doubt wrapped in a blanket (Crimeboys)

This oneshot may contain inappropriate language and/or sensitive scenes
-
Side note — requested by: crimeboysgod
-
Warnings — Injury and blood
-
Content Creators — Wilbur soot and Tommyinnit
————————————————————
Tommy wanted to film a TikTok... in a tree. And who was Wilbur to deny him of that?

Well, Wilbur's Wilbur. And he did deny Tommy at first. It took Tommy a good thirty minutes to successfully reason with him why he should allow him to climb a tree, let alone leave the apartment at 9pm.

The reasons were ridiculous (as expected), but one did stand out to him. Tommy claimed that, quote unquote, 'no harm shall fall upon him with Wilbur's supervision'. Wilbur felt something swell in his heart from the trust Tommy had in him to keep him safe.

Now, Wilbur wasn't someone to prove someone wrong- which is a complete lie. Wilbur finds entertainment and enjoyment in proving people wrong on a daily basis, especially when it comes to Tommy. But he wasn't about to prove this one wrong to Tommy. Tommy had complete and utter confidence in Wilbur to keep him safe, and Wilbur was not going to prove him wrong.

So they had left the apartment; Tommy joyously skipping ahead as Wilbur begrudgingly followed behind him. Though it hadn't taken long for Tommy to attach himself to Wilbur's arm as they walked out of the building, exposed to the darkness of a Monday night at 9pm.

As they walked, they had drifted between conversations and insults, mostly it was a mix between the both. Wilbur doesn't doubt that to anyone who wasn't looking close enough, it would've seemed like they were two brothers forced to spend time together. But going by the twinkle in Tommy's eye and the wide grin, it was far from the truth.

Wilbur and Tommy are brothers. It may not appear to be true on birth certificates or any other record, but on Wilbur's personalised (created by him) record, there's a slip of paper with clean handwriting on one side, and messy handwriting on the other, indicating that whether they're biological or not, they're brothers.

Now Wilbur walks through the entrance of the park, stomach churning with a bad feeling. Maybe this isn't the best idea. It's dark and... well Tommy's about to climb a tree, and he isn't known for being careful. Doubt wraps itself around Wilbur's mind.

As Tommy slowly leads them to a stop in front of a rather large (and un-sturdy) tree, Wilbur glances nervously to Tommy's excited demeanour. He swallows the lump in his throat and looks back to the tree, that somehow looks even bigger than it was a matter of seconds ago. And Wilbur doesn't think he can do it. He doesn't think he can let Tommy climb the tree.

"Um.. Tommy?" Wilbur swallows anxiously, looking down to the boy crouching on the ground, setting up TikTok on his phone.

"Yeah, Will?" Tommy responds, moving his attention to Wilbur.

"Do you, ah, do you have to climb the tree? It's pretty dark out and it looks dangerous..." Wilbur begins calmly, but it slowly turned into a less than subtle panic.

Tommy raises an eyebrow, "It's fine Will. I've climbed many trees before, and not once has it resulted with an injury... well besides that one time- but that really shouldn't count! It was-" Tommy gets abruptly cut off by Wilbur shouting his name.

"Tommy! You're not filling me with much hope here!" Wilbur shrieks, his hands clasped together as he rubs the dirt from them. "What if something happens? You fall from the tree and give yourself a broken bone! This is dangerous Tommy." Wilbur tries his best to persuade Tommy, but the kid simply stands up and places a hand on Wilbur's shoulder.