Chapter 111 Cai Jincheng sees hope

In the office building of the Military Research Institute in City B.

Cai Jincheng silently looked at the simple and neat office in front of him. Two desks were placed next to each other. There were not many items on the table. A family photo of two men holding a child was the most conspicuous. Yes, the adults smiled happily, while the children looked at the camera with no expression.

Thinking of the owner of this office, Cai Jincheng confirmed the child's identity...the young Xiao Huaizhou, the third son of the Xiao family.

Looking away with a complicated mood, Cai Jincheng couldn't help but become curious. They had been in City B for many days, and Xiao Huaizhou hadn't come back with Qiao Yi yet. After asking, he said he was collecting supplies outside!

But rather than supplies, shouldn't the old man of the Xiao family be more anxious to see his grandson? Why are you still willing to let them take risks outside?

If that's the case, what's the difference between Qiao Yi staying with Xiao Huaizhou and staying with him?

However, when he thought of Xiao Huaizhou's superpower, he smiled to himself again. The difference was huge. Time and time again, he proved that he could not protect Qiao Yi at dangerous moments, but Xiao Huaizhou could do it easily!

As his thoughts were swirling, there was a sound of empty footsteps in the corridor outside. Soon the door was opened, and two middle-aged men in their forties walked in.

Upon seeing this, Cai Jincheng stood up politely and looked at the two of them. One was tall and tall with a hint of teasing in his eyes, and the other was as thin and gentle as jade, with a smile at the corner of his mouth.

The receptionist then came in and introduced Cai Jincheng to the two of them: "Second Master, Mr. Si! This is Cai Jincheng, the leader of the Jincheng Superpower Group!"

He turned to Cai Jincheng and briefly introduced the two main players of their military research institute: "Captain Cai, this is Mr. Xiao, and this is Mr. Si, the head of our R&D center! Let's talk about that, Mr. I’ll get busy first!”

"Well, let's go!" Xiao Lixun waved his hand and asked people to leave. He squinted at the young man in front of him who was once his nephew's fiancé, raised his eyebrows and said, "Are you that boy from the Cai family?"

"Yes, I am Cai Jincheng from the Cai family in City R. Hello, Mr. Xiao! Hello, Mr. Si! I apologize for the inconvenience when I first arrived in City B!" Cai Jincheng greeted politely and stretched out his right hand. To be honest, Facing the two people who almost became his elders, he felt a little timid in his heart.

"Sit down!" Ignoring his extended hand, Xiao Lixun ignored him and sat down directly on the sofa. Then he raised his hand and patted the empty seat next to him and asked Si Chengli to come over and sit down: "Sit here and rest for a while!"

It was hard for Xiao Lixun to have a good impression of the Cai family who was in an in-law relationship with the Qiao family, not to mention that he had just learned that his nephew Qiao Yi had been separated from the Cai family for a long time. Without the engagement, he would go out alone in the apocalypse and make Qiao Yi Yi's choice shows that the Cai family has done nothing good!

Si Chengli glanced at him, then turned to the slightly embarrassed Cai Jincheng and smiled: "Don't mind! That's just his temper!"

After saying that, he shook hands with him briefly and said politely: "If you have anything to say, let's sit down and talk!"

"Okay! Thank you, Mr. Si!" Although Cai Jincheng was humiliated, he had been in the mall for a long time and did not show any displeasure on his face. He responded politely and took his seat.

"Captain Cai is so proud! He actually asked Mayor Hong to come forward to contact you. Tell me, what's wrong with the power? Is it no longer usable, or has it mutated? If you can't break through and can't level up, I advise you to go first. Go back and save more high-level crystal cores and then work hard to practice. After all, this is directly related to innate talent and acquired hard work, and we can't help much!"

Xiao Lixun saw that he was sitting upright and his stability was far beyond his own, so he simply started asking questions as if it were a routine matter.

Hearing this, Cai Jincheng nodded slightly and apologized: "Sorry! You two! It's not that there's something wrong with my powers, because I'm not sure if you two are willing to help, so I came directly from Mayor Hong's house today. We haven’t had time to bring people here yet!”

Cai Jincheng walked around City B for several days. He relied on many connections and spent a lot of money to get in touch with the current Mayor Hong. He also learned that he liked mutated venison, so he often took people out of the city to hunt. .

Fortunately, he was lucky. He lost one after another. Last night, he went out and encountered a small herd of mutated deer. He chased through a large area of ​​mountains and forests before hunting two by chance. So he returned overnight and quietly sent the prey directly while it was fresh. to Mayor Hong’s home.

This favored thing was done beautifully. Mayor Hong smiled broadly when he saw the fresh and plump mutant deer. He immediately agreed to help him contact the Military Research Institute, and even wrote a letter of introduction to him in front of him. , guaranteeing that as long as the person in charge of the research center sees it, he will definitely come forward to solve the problem for him.

After coming out of Mayor Hong's home, he first sent someone back to the base to deliver a letter, and then transferred to the Military Research Institute himself, intending to give it a try with Mayor Hong's letter of introduction. He knew the strength of the Xiao family. He was even more aware of the Xiao family's resistance to him, so his original hopes were not high.

Unexpectedly, things went much smoother than expected. After the letter of introduction was handed over, he was invited into the office to wait for a while, and then he actually met the two heads of the military research institute.

"No one is here! What's the point?" After hearing what he said, Xiao Lixun immediately became unhappy. He hadn't finished reading the lab report yet. Did he come here just to chat with this vegetable dumpling?

"I'm so sorry! I'm going to pick him up now. Can the second master give me some time? Soon!" Cai Jincheng saw that he was about to fall out, so he hurriedly requested.

Si Chengli stopped Mr. Xiao, who was about to curse, and gave him some advice: "Let's do this! I will write you a note first, and when you pick him up, you will first ask for the corresponding inspection to be completed, and finally get it." Bring someone over to us with the test results!"

"But could it be..." Cai Jincheng was about to express his worries, but it was difficult to meet him once. Could he find reasons to shirk later?

"Don't worry! We are interested in all supernatural anomalies, just bring people here!"

Si Chengli smiled and made his promise. Wouldn't it be a pity to reject it when there are ready-made research subjects!

"I understand! Then there's Mr. Lao Si!" Cai Jincheng didn't hesitate anymore. He had hope if he agreed. He asked Si Chengli to write a note and left in a hurry.

He has been pestered by Zhang Shumian these days and has lost his patience. Coupled with the continuous questioning from his mother and Zhang Shumian's mother, he has to solve the problem of Zhang Shumian's powers as soon as possible, otherwise he will be driven crazy sooner or later!

More importantly, Chen Younian has approached him many times, hoping to replace Zhang Shumian with other fire-type superpowers. This request was rejected by him. He couldn't stand Chen Younian, and he could allow others to interfere again. A kick?

Seeing that the person was gone, Xiao Lixun suddenly hugged Si Chengli and kissed him hard, then complained unconvincedly: "Why are you being polite to him! The troublemaker is here!"

Si Chengli looked at him speechlessly: "Don't forget that eldest brother mentioned before that he has been trying to arrange for the person he mentioned to have his powers checked as a priority recently. I'm just curious. What kind of person is he? And what happened to his superpower?"

© 2010-2020 quanben-xiaoshuo.com