Chapter 141 The General's Fury

A sudden infection crisis was calmed down before dawn!

In the dim light of the sky, the entire survivor shelter base could no longer see its original appearance!

Whether it is the shack area with the worst conditions, or the bungalow area or public greenhouse area with better conditions, lying corpses, scattered broken limbs and black blood stains can be seen everywhere!

The special operations group withdrew from the battlefield in accordance with the order and handed over the task of cleaning up the site to the logistics troops, who were responsible for handling the zombie corpses and carrying out the final closed disinfecting!

An isolation belt was temporarily built outside the base, and a large tent area was circled around the isolation zone. All survivors who escaped from it were forcibly isolated in it and underwent careful inspection.

After ruling out no bites or scratches, they will be transferred to a special observation area for isolation and observation for 48 hours. They will be released only when there is no possibility of becoming zombies.

In the office of the supreme commander of the military, Xiao Lifeng frowned and looked at the data in his hand. More than half of the more than 10,000 poor people in the slum area alone were killed or injured, not including the hundreds of people who were trampled to death!

If it hadn't been for the timely and appropriate handling of the incident by the military, I believe this number would have been even greater, and even the 70,000 to 80,000 people in the entire holding base would have been innocently affected. A city might have fallen in just one night!

Snapped!

The smooth tabletop was slapped so loudly that the people standing in front of them could not help but tremble!

"Check! Find out the source of infection as soon as possible!"

Needless to say, the zombie virus cannot break out in the always peaceful city B without any reason. There must be an unknown source of infection that has penetrated from the outside. This source must be uncovered, otherwise the consequences will be endless!

Xiao Huaiming was responsible for all the work of the city gate guards, so it was his duty to find out the source of the infection. Seeing that the general's father was furious, he quickly told the progress of his current work: "We have started to investigate. According to the inside Based on the analysis of the situation mentioned by the survivors, the first place where the outbreak occurred was the slum area, and the specific location is still being investigated!"

"People and materials entering and exiting the city gate must also be carefully investigated!"

"Yes, the city gate has been closed. I have asked people to focus on screening the people who have entered and exited in the past three days. It will take time!"

"Huaiqing! Is there any problem with the people you brought back yesterday?" Xiao Lifeng looked at Xiao Huaiqing and asked.

The largest number of new people entering the city are those brought back by Xiao Huaiqing. He is afraid of ten thousand if anything. He trusts his son, but he cannot trust the strangers who come with him!

"Dad! Don't worry about this! I did a careful check before taking him out of Fengyang. I didn't have any contact with the outside world on the way. I also accepted the check according to the rules after entering the city!"

He paused briefly, then continued: "The remaining bandits in Rongan were imprisoned directly, and the other survivors were not released before the registration was completed. Going to the survivor base to settle down was no choice. These people shouldn’t go over immediately! Of course, I will arrange for someone to check again!”