1.2

Shreyan woke up and stretched himself. He looked at the time. It was 10 am.

Dragging his shirtless form to the bathroom he did his morning business and freshened up after taking a shower.

He got ready and descended down from his house. Touching the first step of his cafe he entered inside through the backdoor.

His house was above his cafe only and that was the reason he never worried about getting late.

"Hey everyone! How is it going?"

He greeted his staff who replied back with a warm, polite smile. He started instructing and helping them complete the orders.

Shreyan had started this cafe 2 years back with the help of his father's investment and a promise to return it with interest. A promise he fulfilled really well.

His cafe flourished in just 6 months and was now regularly packed. He was even thinking of expanding his reach by opening another outlet.

Shravya reached the office with a happy mood. It had been a week since her boss had approached her and thankfully after that day he didn't bother coming in front of her.

She had assumed he listened to her and got back. Only if she knew how wrong she was.

It was break time and she was in the washroom. She got out wiping her hands when she was pulled inside a cabin.

"What the hell? Ye kya badtameezi hai sir?"

She yelled as the man clutched her wrist and pinned her to the door while leaning dangerously close to her.

"Badtameezi toh tumne kri hai. Mujhse jooth bol kr. I know you don't have any fiance."

Shravya felt anger rush through her. She glared at him still trying to get out of his grasp.

"I did not lie. I have a fiance. Leave my hand now."

He tsked and smirked.

"I'll give you two options. Either you show me your fiance tomorrow or I file a complaint against you ki tum mujhe seduce krne ki koshish kr rhi thi and make you lose your job as well as reputation."

He threatened but she chuckled.

"You'll file a complaint? Usse pehle mai aapki complaint kr du mujhe harass krne ke liye toh?"

"Aur sunega kaun tumhari? Yakeen kaun karega? That oldie CEO trusts me a lot. And even in the office I have a good reputation. No one will believe you. Lekin people would trust me Ms. Shravya."

Shravya knew he was right but didn't show it on her face.

"You want to see my fiance? Fine! I am already meeting him tomorrow at The Local. You can come there and see him."

She jerked her hand off his grip and ran out. She locked herself in the washroom again and took deep breaths.

Ok! Now she was scared. What did he mean by this nonsense? And what did she just agree to? Fiance? Where would she get one from?

She called a medical emergency and took a half day. She reached her favourite cafe, The Local and took the seat that was reserved for her.

Yeah! She knew the owner. Actually it so happened once that she was there too early in the morning when the staff had just started coming in. Coincidentally the owner was present that day too.

He made her order and she instantly fell in love with his mix sauce pasta. Since then she became a regular and he reserved a seat for her. She also had a little crush on him.

She gave her order and since the staff knew who she was, they gave her order straight to Shreyan only. He was surprised that she was here today. She was usually there on Sundays early in the morning where they could talk freely until any customer comes in.

He nonetheless completed her order and served it to her. Usually she would be sitting there excitedly waiting for her pasta but today she sat there with her head rested on the table.

He knocked the table and put her dish in front of her.

"You look upset! Mind if I join?"

He asked and she shook her head giving him a small smile. He sat in front of her. She slowly dug in her pasta eating like she was moping.

"Hard day at work?"

He asked analysing her. She groaned and dropped her head on his arms.

"Don't talk about work!"

He chuckled and said.

"Ok fine but hua kya? You're never like this."

"Can I kill someone and still not go to prison?"

She asked and he knew the matter was serious because she never talked about killing anyone ever.

"Wow! Who got on your nerves so much?"

"My boss! That bastard! Kutta kamina kahi ka!"

She cursed gaining attention of a few people which both of them ignored. He took a bite from her plate.

"Jyada kaam de dia kya?"

He tried to tease her and she glared at him.

"You know I'd never crib about more work. That kamina insaan tried to harrass me."

Shreyan stopped eating midway and the fork fell from his hand. He looked at her shocked. Slowly anger filled his form.

"What?"

He asked barely controlling himself and she told him everything from the beginning.

"So you need a someone to pose as your fiance in front of him?"

She nodded and his gaze fell on her ring finger. The ring which has been stopping her since he saw it. He never gained courage to ask about it.

"Toh problem kya hai? Your boyfriend will gladly accept it na. Usse milwa do."

"Uske liye boyfriend hona bhi chahiye na."

She said and he looked at her.

"Toh hai nhi? Ye ring kya hai phir?"

He asked trying to look as calm as possible and not wanting to get his hopes high.

"Ye toh maine self gift kia tha uss cheap insaan se peechha chhudane ke liye."

"Matlab you're single?"

"Janam se."

She said and whined.

"You're not helping Shreyan!"

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️