3.1

"Aastha! Anamika kaha hai?"

A voice rang through the house. Retired
Wing Commander, Mr. Manav Singh was searching for his daughter.

Just then Anamika entered in from the main door dripping with sweat.

"Yaha hu papa!"

She called and ran to her father's awaiting arms who hugged her without caring about the sweaty mess she was. Just a father and daughter bond.

"Happy birthday princess."

He whispered kissing her head and she grinned.

"Thank you papa."

He rubbed her back and cupped her face looking at her with a wide smile.

"God bless you mera bachha. May he give you all that you wish for."

He said kissing her head.

"Mera gift?"

She asked excitedly forwarding her hand. He smiled warmly and took out a box from his pocket. He pulled out a beautiful pen with intricate designs on it. It looked quiet expensive that Anamika gasped.

"Ye isliye keemti nhi hai kyunki isliye material value jyada hai. Lekin isliye keemti hai kyunki mai chahta hu jab tum wo mukaam haasil kr lo jo tumne dream kia hai toh uska pehla order tum iss pen se sign kro."

Anamika got emotional seeing tears shining in her father's eyes. She only had one weakness. Her father. She loved him to death. Even more than her mother.

"I promise to make you proud one day papa."

She promised and he felt like the proudest father of the world already.

"Happy birthday moti."

Anamika heard the most irritating voice from behind. Her younger brother, Keshav. He has sworn to spoil every person's mood in the house.

Anamika turned to give him a glare making him grin in return. Every younger sibling every! She rolled her eyes and went to her room to freshen up.

Her family had thrown a party for Anamika's 21st birthday. All the close relatives, Anamika's friends and even Manav's close friend from Air Force, Ex Wing Commander, Sunil Chauhan was invited with his family.

"Happy birthday Anamika beta. God bless you."

Sunil and his wife wished making her smile and she took their blessings.

"Happy Birthday Anamika."

Prakash Chauhan, Sunil Chauhan's only son and Anamika's good friend wished her. She smiled and side hugged him making him smile back.

Manav and Sunil exchanged looks with a smile seeing their kids together.

The two have been planning something since a long time now. And seeing Prakash and Anamika's good bond their plan could maybe work.

When all the guests had left Manav cleared his throat to get their attention.

"Aaj itna bada aur special day hai toh mai aur Sunil kuch soch rhe the. Actually hum bhut time se soch rhe the iss baare mai but we weren't sure ki tum sab bhi yahi chahte ho ya nhi."

He started making everyone look at him confused. Sunil continued with a smile looking at Prakash and Anamika.

"Hum Prakash aur Anamika ki shaadi ke baare mai soch rhe the. I know bache abhi padhai kr rhe hai lekin I don't think it is going to be a problem."

Anamika and Prakash on the other hand were shocked. Their eyes met and they looked at each other with shocked expressions.

"Papa, uncle, just like you said abhi hum apni padhai puri krna chahte hai. I have my dreams that I want to fulfill before getting married and I know Prakash also wants to complete his CA before taking such a big step."

Anamika spoke after getting out of the initial shock.

"We know beta and we understand. Hum pura support mai hai with your dreams and aspirations but hum soch rhe the ki we have just retired and we still have the gratuity amount that we recieved toh tumhari grand wedding krwa skte hai."

Sunil Chauhan put the point forward and Prakash groaned.

"Papa! Even if we put aside our careers for a moment. I don't think hum dono mai se koi bhi itni badi responsibility ke liye abhi ready hai. I mean Anamika just turned 21 and I am only 22 abhi. What's the rush?"

"We were married by your age young man."

His father said and Prakash rolled his eyes.

"Those were different times papa. Aaj aisa nhi hota."

His eyes then met Anamika who looked like she was in a dilemma. Her father started to say something but he cut him off politely.

"I want to have a word with Anamika. In private."

Everyone got quiet and Anamika nodded. They went to her room and she sighed with disbelief.

"I can't believe what just happened. What were our fathers even thinking? I mean ye idea aaya kaha se unhe?"

She chuckled and he smirked taking a step closer to her.

"Shayad hamari chemistry dekh kr."

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Chemistry? Kaunsi chemistry?"

Chuckling slightly he held her hand pulled her towatdsyhim making her look at him in shock. What has gotten into him suddenly?

He made her stand in front of the mirror. Her back against his chest. He held her waist and pulled her back against his chest. She gasped and he whispered near her ear.

"See! Look for yourself. Just because we are not romantically involved doesn't mean we don't have a chemistry Anamika. Our fathers aren't blind not to see that."

They shared an eyelock through the mirror. She pulled back and he asked her.

"Okay! Let me be very clear and direct. Do you want me marry me Anamika? Abhi nhi. Maybe sometime in future?"

She looked at him surprised. She understood that it was her birthday but why were people hell bent on giving her surprises after surprises.

"What if I ask this from you? Do you want to marry me?"

He smiled and took a step back.

"I'll be very honest Anamika. I do want to marry you."

She was shocked. Did he by any chance have feelings for her since before and she wasn't aware.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️