5.4

She jumped a little hearing the knock on the door and kept a hand on her heart to calm herself.

“Tamanna? Mai andar aa skta hu?”

Aman's soft voice reached her ears and she gulped. Taking a deep breath, she nodded and then hit her head. He couldn't see her yet.

“J-ji!”

She gave permission and closed her eyes feeling him enter. She could see the silhouette of his shoes. They stopped at a distance from her. He seemed to be contemplating something because he didn't move for like 2 minutes.

And then she felt the bed dip in front of her. Her heart went crazy. He was sitting near her. Close to her. Closer than they've ever sat.

She shut her eyes tightly when she felt her veil being lifted. Aman felt like he could fly. All of it felt so unreal. Words were not enough to describe what he was feeling at the moment.

She slowly opened her eyes but didn't look up. He was busy admiring his wife.

He remembered the gift he had got her. He got up mumbling.

“I've got something for you. Hold up!”

She finally looked up and raised her eyebrows seeing him run towards the almirah and dig out something. He turned back and she looked down again.

He sat in front of her and forwarded the box to her. She took it while examining it.

“Ye?”

“Ye umm-tumhara wedding gift.”

She bit her lip and muttered.

“Lekin mai toh kuch bhi nhi laayi.”

“Tum aa gyi. Usse jyada kuch nhi chahiye mujhe.”

He spoke in a flow and realised his words when he saw her blushing.

“Umm-I mean- it's more of a muh dikhayi gift. So tumhe zarurat nhi thi.”

She nodded and thanked him. He frowned and asked.

“Khologi nhi?”

She looked at him for a brief second and nodded bringing her attention back to the box.

She unwrapped the paper it was wrapped in. Her fingers trembled due to his intense gaze. Aman, on the other hand, couldn't focus on anything apart from her fingers. She had beautiful, slender fingers.

A sudden urge to know how her hands would fit in his erupted in him. How his fingers would entangle between his. How small her hand would be in comparison to his.

She managed to open the gift with her shaking fingers and opened the box. She gasped seeing a beautiful, sleek, diamond bracelet in it.

“The knots would represent our bond. For eternity!”

He whispered and that's when she noticed the design. It was infinity symbols knotted against one another.

“This is really beautiful. Thank you.”

She whispered and he smiled. He was glad she liked it.

“May I?”

He asked, referring to the bracelet and she gave a brief nod. Taking the box from her hand, he pulled out the bracelet.

He held her hand with such delicacy as if she'd break if he applied pressure. Carefully wounding the bracelet around her wrist he secured it.

The feelings he was experiencing got better of him and he planted a soft kiss on the inside of her wrist without any further thoughts.

Tamanna sucked in a deep breath and looked into his eyes. Their hearts beat wildly. She broke eye contact when he smiled and pulled her hand out of his hold. She bit her lip blushing and Aman grinned.

This was the longest they've held eye contact.

“Umm-I think you should change. It's quite late and you look tired.”

She nodded but then remembered what her mother-in-law told her when she had entered the room.

“Ji-ye aunty ne-I mean mummy ne kaha tha aapko dene ko.”

She pointed towards the milk glass and his eyes widened. He composed himself and asked.

“Iska matlab jaanti ho na tum?”

She looked away feeling embarrassed and quickly defended.

“Nhi! Mera matlab wo nhi tha. Mummy ne kaha tha ki aapko de du-lekin agar aap nhi chahte toh-”

She was cut off by his chuckle.

“Relax! Mazak kr rha tha. I'll have it later.”

She nodded and started getting up. As she put her legs on the floor, her foot got entangled in the saree border and she lost her balance. She'd have fallen face front if not for him catching her on time.

Tamanna shivered, feeling his hand on her bare waist and the other hand clutching her arm preventing her from falling. Her eyes met his and they shared another eye lock.

“Are you okay?”

He asked with worry etched in his voice.

“Ji! Thank you.”

She whispered and he removed his hands from her. Her waist tingled where his palm lay earlier.

She took her nightgown from her bag and went to the washroom. Aman grinned. Two eye contacts and holding hands. On the first day itself. Not bad. They were progressing.

Tamanna saw her face in the mirror and rubbed her cheeks. She was red. Her gaze went to her waist and she giggled. She felt giddy and happy.

She changed into a nightgown. Tamanna had always worn kurtis to bed. But her mother had given her a long, awkward lecture about how she should present herself in front of her husband.

She put the shrug over it covering her naked arms due to the thin straps in the name of sleeves. Feeling covered she moved out and saw that Aman had cleared the room.

The petals that earlier were scattered on the bed now lay at one corner of the room. She frowned seeing him set a pillow and blanket on the couch.

Was he preparing it for her? Did he not want her to share a bed with him?

“Aman? Ye kya kr rhe hai aap?”

She asked and he turned to look at her sheepishly.

“Wo-umm-you can take the bed. Tum shayad comfortable nhi hogi itni jaldi mere saath bed share krne ke liye. Toh I'll sleep here until you get comfortable with me.”

She wanted to tell him that she didn't mind him sleeping on the same bed. But no words came out of her mouth and so she simply nodded and proceeded to bed.

A part of Aman was disappointed. He wanted her to say that she didn't mind him joining her in bed. Maybe she actually needed time. He sighed and laid on the couch.

He wished her a good night which she reciprocated and closed his eyes letting the exhaustion of the day takeover his tired form.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️