7.1.6

She was next woken up by fingers softly massaging her head. Opening her eyes groggily, she looked up and smiled seeing Chirag laid beside her.

“Wake up, my queen. Breakfast is ready.”

He whispered, nuzzling his nose with hers and she giggled.

He helped her till the washroom since she still felt pain in her feet.

The two of them were having their breakfast teasing and feeding each other in between. They heard the bell ring and Chirag frowned.

“Who is it so early in the morning?”

He walked to the door grumbling in annoyance for being disturbed in his peaceful time with his girlfriend.

He opened the door and saw a man around his age standing at the door. He looked restless and his appearance was disheveled. It seemed like he had been looking for something frantically.

“Yes?”

“Where is she?”

The man barged inside looking around for someone while Chirag looked at him shocked. The man's eyes stopped at Deepika and his posture relaxed before charging towards her.

Chirag made a run to her to protect her thinking it was the same man who attacked her previous night because Deepika looked extremely shocked.

Before the unknown man could touch her, Chirag stood in front of her like a shield.

“What the fuck dude? Back off!”

“You back the fuck off! Who the hell are you?”

The man yelled at him and then turned to Deepika.

“And why are you here? Do you know kitne calls lagaye maine tujhe? Not one was answered. I had to fucking track your location down only to find out you're with an unknown man, in his house.”

The man yelled at Deepika. Taking a deep breath she came out from behind Chirag and stood facing the man.

“Kyu? Why were you searching for me? Itne saalon mai toh aapko yaad nhi aayi, b kyu tension le rhe ho? Just leave me alone just like you did for the past 9 years.”

Chirag realised it was her brother and felt his blood boil.

“Why was I searching for you? You were gone all night. I had no clue where you were. You weren't picking up your calls-”

“None of your concerns. You didn't care what was happening last night. You were too busy enjoying with your friends, getting drunk and passing out, you did not care that you have a sister sleeping in her room.”

She yelled and felt tears well up her eyes.

“Me bringing my friends home or enjoying with them doesn't explain why you are here.”

“That's because you were too drunk to even know or check that your sister was being sexually assaulted you asshole.”

Chirag yelled holding Deepika when he felt her body tremble with emotions. Deepak snapped his eyes at him and glared at him.

“Don't sprew nonsense. You don't get to accuse my friends of something so vile.”

His words spiked a surge of anger within her and she glared at him while taunting.

“Ofcourse Chirag. How can we sa anything about his precious friends. You're right Mr. Deepak. He is lying. I am lying. All of this is a fucking lie.”

She yelled the last part while pulling the bandage off her shoulder revealing the ugly bite to her brother's eyes.

Deepak felt his legs give up and stumbled back seeing the animalistic bite on his sister's shoulder. Within a few seconds a band of emotions went through his face. Shock, guilt, anger, rage.

“Who was it?”

He asked in a dangerous tone but Deepika chuckled tauntingly.

“Who was it? Now you want to know who was it? Kyu? Kya krenge? Suddenly bhut pyaar aa rha hai? Kya hua? Ho gaya aapka gussa, bhaagna aur ignore krna pura?”

He looked at her with a guilty expression and said.

“I-I am sorry Deepu. You know how close I was to mom. Unke jaane ke baad akela ho gaya tha mai. I didn't know what to do. I-I felt too alone-”

“I WAS THERE! Mai bhi thi. Meri bhi maa thi wo. Mujhe bhi chhod kr gyi thi. Lekin aapne harr cheez sirf apne baare mai bana li. You felt alone because maa left, but you left me alone. Aap maa se close the toh mai aapse thi. You were my best friend. My only friend.”

She yelled and sobbed and he felt his heart break. How will he ever make up with her. 9 years! He'd hurt her for a long time.

“But you forgot about me. You were so focused on your pain ki aapne kabhi palat kr dekha bhi nhi ki baaki sab thik hai ya nhi.”

“I needed time to cope up.”

He muttered knowing how stupid the excuse was.

“Time? You needed time? Thik hai! Toh lete time. Ek saal, do saal but 9 years! And you still couldn't cope up. You still wouldn't have agar kl ye sab nhi hota toh. Maybe you'd have taken another 9 years or maybe even a lifetime.”

He shook his head and fell on his knees in front of her.

“I am sorry. Maaf krde mujhe please. I am sorry Deepu. Punish me! Hit me! Curse me! But please please forgive me.”

“You can leave Mr. Deepak. Aapke bina jeena seekh lia maine. You don't have to bother yourself anymore. And don't call me by that name. Wo mujhe sirf meri maa aur bhaiya bulate the. And both of them left me 9 years back.”

Her words cut deep into him and he broke down near her feet. Begging and pleading with her. But she was determined this time. He had to learn a lesson. He had to know how much he had hurt her.

Deepika stayed at Chirag’s place until the day his parents returned. Deepak had been visiting her daily, begging her to come back home.

Chirag told her he'd tracked down the man who had assaulted her to beat him blue and black, but shockingly, his condition was already bad.

She knew it was her brother's work but didn't comment on it. She still hasn't seen what the animal did on her skin. It was Chirag who dressed her wound up everyday. It didn't pain any more, but the marks were still there.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️