9.6

“Look-like-what?”

She asked running a hand down her hair in consciousness.

“Like you've been hit by a storm.”

Sameeksha provided but before Anya could say anything Abhijeet walked out of the washroom making all of them smirk.

“Ok! We get it.”

“Ge-get what?”

Why was she still playing innocent? No idea! It was fun though.

Just then Kartik walked in and looked at Abhijeet.

“Tu pehle kaise pahuch gaya saale? And why do you look so flustered-”

His gaze fell on something and his eyes widened.

“Fucking finally! You guys confessed! Mujhe laga wo din dekhne se pehle hi marr jaaunga mai.”

Anya blushed while Abhijeet's grin wasn't leaving his face.

Anya couldn’t be happier. She still found it unbelievable that Abhijeet was her boyfriend. He was such a green flag.

It was a Tuesday and it had been two days since they have seen each other. They were going to meet tomorrow but it was for studying.

She was just thinking of calling him when her phone rang indicating his call. She picked it up with a wide smile.

“Hey!”

She chirped and heard his happy sigh.

“Hi baby!”

Oh! There went the butterflies. She always thought she’d cringe if her boyfriend ever called her with such a cheesy name but damn! The endearment sounded so good from his deep, husky voice.

“Stop blushing now.”

He teased. She looked at the phone wide eyed. How did he always know?

“I called to ask something. Free ho abhi?”

When she hummed, he continued.

“Good! Mere saath drive pr chalogi?”

“Abhi?”

She asked and his voice turned pleading.

“Haan. I promise I'll get you back home by 9. Uncle ke ghar aane se pehle. Please say yes. Please!”

She bit her lip and said.

“About papa, wo actually aaj unka half day tha toh he is already home.”

When she heard his disappointed sigh she continued.

“Give me 5 minutes. Mai papa se puchh kr tumhe call back krti hu.”

“What will you tell him?”

“Yahi ki I am going on a drive with you.”

Abhijeet felt like he’d won in life. She didn’t have to hide him from her father. That felt like the biggest achievement.

She disconnected the call and went to her father who was watching tv.

“Papa?”

He hummed while still looking at the tv and she asked nervously.

“Wo-mai drive pr chali jaau?”

He gave her a fleeting look before teasing her.

“Uske liye driving aani bhi chahiye na beta.”

She pouted and asked.

“Mai drive nhi kr rhi. Jeet krega.”

He looked at her and she got nervous again.

“Kaun Jeet?”

“Abhijeet, papa!”

He nodded in understanding and thought for two minutes. Anya felt like he would deny but his next words surprised her.

“Chale jaao. Lekin time se aa jaana. Aur usse kehna milkar jaaye. Bahar se hi na nikal jaaye. Dinner krke jaayega. Aur haan, location aur phone on rakhna apna.”

Anya squealed in happiness and bounced back to her room after kissing his cheek in excitement. He chuckled seeing her happiness.

She called Abhijeet to tell him the news and he was in front of her house in 20 minutes.

She sat in the car with the excitement of a baby going out for the first time. Her smile dimmed when he didn’t kiss her like she’d expected he would as soon as he saw her. He didn’t even greet her and just started driving.

She crossed her arms and pouted, turning her face away from him. He stopped the car at a distance from her house and put off their seatbelts. He held her arm and turned her to his side. Without any further warning, his lips came down on hers.

She gasped and moaned at the unexpected move. Her eyes closed and she kissed him back pulling him closer.

“Wanted to do this as soon as I saw you.”

“Why didn’t you then?”

She asked while panting and he looked into her eyes while tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Can’t risk being seen kissing you by your own father now, can I?”

He teased and she blushed hitting his arm. He kissed her forehead and they enjoyed their drive with street-style chaat pakodi and ice creams.

“I told mumma about us. So eventually papa also knows.”

He dropped the bomb on her and she looked at him wide eyed. He chuckled and pecked her forehead. She sighed against his touch.

“I also want to tell papa. But I know he’ll not take it well. Atleast not so soon. I know he has an idea about our feelings for each other. But I also know unhone kitne pathar rakh kr mujhe yaha aane dia hai aaj.”

He understood what she meant. Fathers are naturally protective about their daughters.

“You know mumma’s death wasn’t something anyone was expecting. I don’t remember anything about her death but I remember how broken papa was after her. Lekin wo dikhate nhi the. He’d always show like he was fine and nothing was wrong. For my happiness.”

She smiled with tears shining in her eyes. Feeling Abhijeet wipe her tears she leaned into him.

“Mai unhe agar abhi bata du hamare baare mai toh wo uss separation, jo pata nhi kitne saalon baad ho, usse soch soch kr hi ghut te rahenge. He’ll feel like I am being taken away from him. Like mumma was. But dikhayenge nhi. Again for my happiness. I don’t want him to go through that pain. Atleast not yet. Not when I know he is not mentally prepared for it.”

Abhijeet rubbed her arm and kissed her head.

“I am willing to meet him as your boyfriend. Whenever you’re ready. And I think I agree with your idea of not telling him right now. I’ll meet him when I become capable of asking for our marriage. Reject hi na kr skte. Full proof plan.”

He nodded in determination, making her chuckle between the tears.

As promised he got her back by 9.

“Papa asked you to come home. Dinner ke liye invite kia tha.”

He looked at her and asked.

“Will it be fine? Aau?”

She smiled. He looked so cute asking that. She kissed his cheek and nodded. He called his mother and informed her that he will have dinner at Anya’s place.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️