2.3

Abeeda was sitting in Danish's room in her bridal joda. She was extremely nervous and was feeling very awkward.

The past few months had been awkward for them. The marriage happened in a private ceremony.

Abeeda didn't know how to face him without feeling awkward. Before she could think any further the door was opened and Danish entered in only to freeze at the door itself.

"I-I am sorry-I should have knocked. Mai-"

"It's okay. Aap aa skte hai andar."

She cut off his nervous monologue. He nodded and entered in. He stood there trying to figure out what to do while she sat smiling awkwardly.

The silence was so thick it could be cut with a knife.

"Umm-let's pray?"

She nodded and got up from the bed. Her joda got entangled in her foot and she got disbalanced.

Danish held her hand stabling her and she looked at him with a slight smile.

"Shukriya."

She whispered and left his hand when she was balanced on her feet. She sat on the mat and when she was settled he sat in front of her leading the prayer.

She was stunned to hear his perfect recital. Hia voice had a strange calm. She felt like she could listen him recite the whole day.

After praying they got up and again the atmosphere became silent and awkward.

"Umm-aap yaha aaram se change kr lein. Mai washroom mai kr lunga. Bahar se lock kr dena. Call me out when you're ready."

Danish said and rushed into the washroom. Abeeda sighed and sat on the bed. She just wished that this awkwardness they had between them would vanish quickly. She couldn't stay like this.

After changing she called for him and he came out. They looked at the bed trying to figure out their sleeping positions.

"You can take the side you want."

He said and she looked at him.

"Aapki koi preferred side nhi hai?"

"Nhi! Mai beech mai sota hu."

He said sheepishly and she smiled. She took the left hand side where she usually slept and got inside the sheets. He too joined making sure to remain in the extreme right and not touch her.

"Aa- I mean uss side wala lamp band kr dijiye please."

He said and she closed her eyes. He was going to call her aapi. Switching off the lamp she turned her back towards him and closed her eyes.

The next morning Abeeda woke up to a firm grip holding her. She turned to see Danish cuddled into her. She involuntarily admired his features up close.

Her eyes widened when she realised what she was doing and carefully got out of his grip. Better get away before it gets any more awkward for them than it already was.

Almost three months had passed since their marriage. Abeeda and Danish have started getting back to normal. Not like husband wife but like they were before. He did not call her aapi but had started using her name thankfully.

Everything was starting to get normal. But now her mother was getting worried. At the time of Abeeda's marriage she had advised Abeeda to start planning a baby immediately.

She couldn't directly ask Abeeda so she took her to the doctor without informing her.

"Hum yaha kyu aaye hai ammi? Tabiyat thik hai na aapki?"

"Mai bilkul thik hu. Tumhe dikhane laayi hu."

"Mujhe kya hua hai?"

She frowned and asked stopping in front of the doctor's cabin.

"Teen mahine se upar ho gye hai nikah ko tumhare. Ab tak koi good news nhi hai. Check krwana hai ki sab normal hai na."

She was shocked. Why was her mother hell bent on pushing her for a baby. How would she tell she wasn't getting any news because nothing happened.

They entered the doctor's cabin and the lady greeted them with a smile.

"Ji kahe kya masla hai?"

"Ji baby nhi ho rha hai."

Her ammi said and Abeeda bowed her head in embarrassment. Someone stop her mother.

"Kitne years huye hai marriage ko?"

The doctor asked and her mother immediately replied making the doctor stop.

"3 months."

"Mam 3 months hi toh huye hai. Give them some time. Kabhi kabhi time lagta hai. Aapki sexual life kaise hai mam?"

She asked Abeeda who looked away not knowing what to reply.

"Wo-abhi-I mean-we have not-"

She didn't complete and the doctor looked at her mother.

"Phir toh baby kaise hoga mam. Aap please inhe thoda time de apas mai comfortable hone mai. Ho jaayega."

The two had just reached home when her mother pulled her into her room.

"Kya hai ye sab? Tumne abhi tak apni married life start kyu nhi kri?"

"Ammi! Kuch hi mahine huye hai hamare nikah ko. Aur abhi hum aise comfortable nhi hai. Abhi bhi bhut awkward hai cheezein hamare beech-"

"Wo toh rahengi hi na agar tum koshish bhi nhi kroge toh. Meri baat maan. Ek aurat ko apne pati ko rijhana aana chahiye. Aur bacha hone ke baad saari awkwardness khatam ho jaati hai."

Abeeda didn't know what to say. How should she explain that even for having that baby they need to do a lot of stuff in which they were very awkward with each other.

"Ammi aap-"

"Nhi! Kasam hai tujhe meri. Tu Danish se baat kregi bache ke baare mai aur tum jaldi hi plan kroge."

She cut her off putting Abeeda's hand on her head making her look at her mother wide eyed.

"Ammi? Kya kr rhe ho?"

"Kasam hai tujhe."

She said making Abeeda go mum and sigh in defeat.

She entered her room and sat thinking about how to talk to Danish about this. She didn't want things to get more awkward for them.

Maybe it was time to approach him indirectly. Maybe it was time to seduce her husband. If he himself did something that would be less awkward right?

**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️