7.3.2

Her mother-in-law stood on the other side of the door with an expression that screamed annoyance.

“Itni der kyu lagai darwaza kholne mai?”

“Ji wo mummy…. actually-”

“Kaam kya hai mumma?”

Vihaan cut off saving Heena from the explanation that wasn't necessary. He knew his mother wasn't very warm with her. And he would never let his wife be embarrassed because of something that wasn't her fault.

“Ek baar kamre mai aa kar papa ke paer massage krde.”

“Aa rha hu.”

He replied and waited for his mother to leave so that he could cool himself down.

“Chal na phir!”

“Aa rha hu. Aap chalo toh sahi.’

He answered which made his mother look at Heena with a look that clearly said she thought it was all Heena’s fault. As if Vihaan not following her immediately had something to do with her.

Heena lowered her eyes looking away from the accusatory glare. Vihaan couldn't see his mother's face because Heena was in between. She finally left and Heena sighed.

“Tsk! Mood spoil kr dia saara.”

She heard Vihaan mumble and turned towards him with a naughty smile.

“Tumhara itne mai hi nood spoil ho gaya? Mai toh all nighter ki planning krke baithi thi.”.

She made a disappointed face and he narrowed his eyes.

“I'll show what an all nighter means. Aane de mujhe wapas.”

Squishing her face between his first finger and thumb he bit her puckered lips making her hiss.

She giggled when he sauntered off whistling happily.

A few weeks later, Vihaan and Heena were out together to watch a movie. Vihaan had booked tickets for the last show, 9 to 12. Heena remembered the naughty smile he had given her telling about the corner seats that he booked.

It was close to 2 am when they entered the home giggling and chuckling. Vihaan was tickling her with his beard and she was running from him.

A soft giggle escaped her lips when he caught her midway hoisting her up and carrying her inside the room bridal style. She nuzzled her nose into his and pecked his lips unaware of the death glare being thrown towards her.

The next morning, after Vihaan left for work, Heena was on the terrace putting the washed, wet clothes on the clothline for drying. She saw her mother-in-law enter and place another bucket full of clothes before her.

Heena smiled acknowledging her.

“Kitne baje aaye the raat ko?”

“Ji mummy wo actually thoda late ho gaya tha. Movie hi 12 bje khatam hui. Uske baad Vihaan ka kuch khaane ka mann kr gaya. 2 bje ke around pahuche the.”

She answered with a smile. If someone asked her what the movie was about she wouldn't be able to answer because her sole focus was on Vihaan’s lips on her neck.

“Haan pata chala tha mujhe. Kitni awaaze nikal rhi thi. Thoda dhyan karna seekho. Ye toh shukar hai Vihaan ke papa nhi uthe. Batao kya sochte. Bahu ko aisi awaaze nikalte sunte toh. Thoda socha kro. Ghar mai akele nhi rehte tum. Tumhare pati ke maa baap saath rehte hai. Achha lagta hai kya?”

Heena looked at her wide eyed. What did she mean by that? Noises? What noise? She knew she didn't make any such noise. Vihaan had always told her she wasn't a moaner. She was a breather.

“Aisa kuch nhi hai mummy. Aap please aise mat bolo. Hum bas late aaye the iss wajah se shor lag raha hoga-”

“Matlab mai jooth bol rhi hu? Ab tum mujhe jhoota bula rhi ho? Bhut achhe! Toh ye kya hai? Chalo awaaze insaan ek baar phir bhi bhul jaaye lekin aise nishaan lekar ghumna pure ghar mai achha lagta hai kya?”

She taunted poiting towards her neck where a small red mark stood indicating last night's rendezvous.

“Mai-wo-”

“Thoda lihaaz kara kro. Ghar mai in-laws rehte hai. Achha lagta hai aisi harkatein krte huye?”

The taunt in her voice was clear. This pissed Heena off.

“Aap aise kyu bol rhi hai? Meri galti thi maine dhyan nhi dia. Lekin aisi harkaton se kya matlab hai mummy? Kuch galat nhi kia maine. Vihaab husband hai mera. And nayi nayi shaadi hui hai hamari. Haan itna hai ki next time se dhyan rahega ki aisa na rahe.”

She spoke covering the love bite with her hair. The woman looked at her angrily.

“Ab jubaan bhi chalaogi? Vihaan se baat krni padegi. Wahi tameez sikhayega ab tumhe ki maa baap se kaise baat ki jaati hai.”

She jibed and turned to go down. Heena closed her eyes and stopped her.

“Nhi mummy! Please Vihaan ko beech mai mat laaiye. I am sorry. Mai samajh gyi. Dobara nhi hoga aisa.”

She sighed in defeat not failing to notice the victorious smile on her mother-in-law's face.

Heena had become extra careful after that incident. She would bite her lip to stop any noise from escaping her lips when with Vihaan.

She'd stop him from leaving marks on visible areas during makeouts. Which he obviously ignored and so she spend extra time covering up the marks so that none would be visible to her mother-in-law's eyes.

She thought things would get better. But the taunts and jibes continued. They even escalated till her family and religion at times which propelled Heena to raise her voice too.

Her mother in law would then introduce Vihaan's name in the argument making Heena go mum and apologize in defeat.

It was not like she feared Vihaan yelling at her. She knew he would never do that. She knew her husband. But she didn't want quarrels between him and his parents.

The only thing stopping her from confiding in Vihaan was his relationship with his parents. She didn't want to ruin it. His parents already didn't like her much. They'd never warm up to her if she started complaining about their behaviour to their own son.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️