7.1.5

“I am taking you home-”

“No! I-I don't want to go back there.”

Her scared voice got his attention and he cupped her face.

“I am taking my home Deepika! Ok?”

He whispered softly and she nodded getting relaxed. The exhaustion and the events of the night took a toll on her and soon she was out.

She woke up next feeling herself floating in air.

“What-”

She started asking only to hear her man's calm voice.

“Shh! Relax! It's me. We're at my place. You're safe baby.”

She calmed down and rested her face on his chest. Whatever had transpired in the last few hours replayed in her mind and tears welled up in her eyes.

He placed her on the bed carefully and started taking out the first aid kit. When he got back he saw her limping towards the washroom.

“Deepika? You're okay?”

She avoided his eye and nodded still continuing walking towards the washroom. He held her hand and said.

“Don't lock the door.”

He couldn't trust her mind at the moment. He had heard people do things when they weren't in their right minds.

“W-why?”

She was still avoiding his eye and he knew he was right. She was going to hurt herself.

“Do you really need to use the washroom?”

His voice got stern and she teared up. A sob escaped her lips and he sighed engulfing her in a hug.

“I feel dirty Chirag. He-he touched me. He - he put his lips on my body. I -I-”

She broke down in his arms and he felt his blood run cold. She was sexually assaulted? Where the fuck was her brother?

“Shh! You're safe now. No one's gonna come here. You're safe love.”

He caressed her hair and she calmed down. He made her sit on the bed and tended to her injured feet.

“Where was your brother?”

“He was passed out. Brought his friends home. Got drunk and passed out. It was one of his friends who-”

He held her hand and kissed it softly letting his eyes tell how much he loved her. That he was there for her. Although the anger he felt for her brother was unimaginable.

“Chirag!”

He hummed while wrapping her legs in bamdages.

“He-he bit my shoulder. It's hurting.”

His eyes snapped to her and then lurked over her shoulder. Securing the bandage around her legs he sat beside her to examine her shoulder. Sure enough the cloth above the wound was bloodied.

He slid her top down and wanted to smash the animal's head who did this to her. The bite mark was bleeding and he could see teeth marks. It was horrible.

“Is it bad?”

She asked looking at his expressions and he immediately softened it.

“Its-I’ll disinfect this and put a bandage over it.”

When he didn't answer the question she asked, she turned to face to look at it herself, but he cupped her face and shook his head in a silent plea.

“Don't! Please don't!”

“It's disgusting right. You're disgusted with me because of it.”

She clutched his hand and he intertwined their fingers. Placing a lingering kiss on her forehead he whispered.

“I could never be disgusted by you baby. I love you meri jaan. God! I wanted to confess in a romantic way. I'd never wanted it to happen like this. When you're so vulnerable. I am going to fucking kill that bastard. Maybe even that asshole brother of yours.”

She felt tears flow down her eyes at his sincere words. He bandaged her shoulder area and held her hand when she touched the bandage.

“Promise me you'll not open it yourself and look at it.”

“But -”

“Promise me Deepika. Swear on me. I don't want you to hurt yourself because of something you're not at fault.”

Biting her lip to prevent herself from crying she nodded. Pecking her lips softly he tucked her in.

She held his hand stopping him from getting up from the bed.

“Where are you going?”

“You sleep here. I'll take the couch.”

She shook her head and pulled him closer. He looked into her eyes. He could see how scared she was. Scared of being left alone. Scared of getting attacked again.

“Please stay.”

Without any protest he laid beside her. She put her head on his chest and closed her eyes letting his heartbeat calm her senses. He rubbed her back and kissed her head repeatedly.

“Chirag? What about your parents? What if they ask about me tomorrow?”

She asked worried and concerned about how she's going to answer their questions. She didn't know if he'd told them about her yet.

“Don't worry about them. They have a train to board in a few hours. They'll be out of time by the time you wake up next. And even if they do happen to see you, mai handle kr lunga. You relax and sleep!”

She hummed and soon she was out due to all the exhaustion. Chirag too slipped into slumber holding her securely.

He was woken up by knocks on his door and groaned looking at the time. Realising it might be his parents as it was time for their train he carefully detached himself from her and moved out closing the door behind him.

“Ready?”

He asked his parents. Their luggage was already kept in the living room.

“Haan. Cab bhi pahuch gyi hai. Nikal rhe hai bas. Saaman rakhwa de gaadi mai.”

His father said and Chirag nodded helping them with the luggage. After settling them in the cab, he came back into his room.

Slowly, without making any noise, he got inside the sheets and held her in his arms. She stirred feeling too much movement and looked at him groggily.

“Mom dad just left.”

He answered looking at her confused, sleepy state. She looked around and asked.

“They did? What time is it?”

Patting her head and placing it back on his chest he muttered.

“4:30. It's still early. Sleep!”

She hummed and slipped back into a peaceful slumber.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️