7.2.4

Bhavesh didn't know how to apologize. He was an idiot. A complete idiot. One look at her teary face and he felt like clawing his heart out.

Although they had an arranged marriage, Bhavesh had promised himself that he would give her the world and never let any harm come to her the moment he'd seen her sitting on his all dolled up as his bride.

But he was the one who'd hurt her in the first place. He was supposed to protect her and cherish her. She left everything she called hers behind for him and he couldn't even keep his work at bay for just one day so that she could go to bed with a filled stomach when she had kept the fast for him.

His eyes widened realizing she was still empty stomach and he ran out towards the kitchen. Quickly plating every item that was made, he filled a glass of water and ran back to her.

Placing the plate and the glass between them he forward the glass towards her mouth and she took greedy gulps of water. The cool liquid travelling straight to her soul and she felt satisfied having something after so many hours.

His heart felt a little at peace when he saw the relief on her face. He tore a bite of the chapati and made a morsel for her. She had it and moaned in relief. Her stomach grumbled and he continued to feed her. When he had fed her one chapati she realised she was still eating from his hands and she was supposed to be angry at him.

Stopping his movements she tore herself a bite and made a morsel of it. He frowned at her sudden detachment.

“Mai khila raha hu Payal. Tum aaram se baitho. Please let me do this.”

She looked at him sharply. He cannot woo her with his words everytime.

“Aapne mera fast khulwa dia uske liye thank you. Aapko aur der mere liye wait krne ki zarurat nhi hai. Kaam ke liye lare ho rhe honge aap. Jaaiye.”

He knew she was taunting him. Ok! He deserved that.

“I'm not going to work. I've called in sick today.”

“Kyu? Jab off lena chahiye tha tab office gye the na. Toh aaj kyu le rhe hai?”

“Ok. I agree I was wrong to you yesterday. Lekin, please don't say this. I am sorry Payal.”

She looked at him, waiting for him to say something more. Something about how he felt about her. Wanting to know he felt something more than just physical attraction. Needing to know.

But when he did not say anything she asked in a broken whisper.

“Why? Why do you care?”

“Why do I care? I care because you are my wife Payal. I care because-”

He didn't know what the right word here would be.

“Because I am your responsibility?”

She provided and he grabbed it. Not knowing it was a trap.

“Yes! You're my responsibility, Payal. And I care about you.”

That was it. Responsibility. She hated the word. It made her feel like a burden. Her father called her mother his responsibility all his life. She knew they didn't love each other, but they respected each other and were content with it.

She didn't want the same. She wanted her husband's love. She wanted her husband to love her the way she was. Not consider her his responsibility or a burden.

So when he agreed with her being his responsibility she lost it. She pushed the plate and got up.

“I'm full!”

He looked at her wide eyed.

“No you're not! You're finishing whatever is here on this plate and then I am getting you more. Baitho yaha!”

He commanded and she felt even more angry. How dare he order her after calling her a fucking responsibility?

“No! Aapne apni ‘responsibility’ puri kr di by bringing me food. Ab mai jitna marzi khaao usse aapko koi matlab nhi hona chahiye. No need to take a day off today. You can go to your work.”

She taunted and started moving out of the room only for her wrist to be held and pulled back into his lap. She gasped and looked at him wide eyed.

“Did I say something wrong? I know I did. I am sorry. You know I'm not going with words.”

Oh she didn't believe him. He was too good with his sweet words. She fell for it everytime. But not today.

“Tell me one thing. Kitne bje ghar aaye the aap kal?”

“Umm- 12 bje.”

He muttered in a slow voice.

“Aur kaun kaun tha office mai uss waqt tak?”

He closed his eyes knowing what she was asking and he replied.

“I had an online conference with US delegates-”

“Maine ye nhi puchha. Office mai kaun kaun tha uss waqt?”

“No one.”

He answered looking away and she felt even more angry.

“Everyone remembered going home to their families and wives but you couldn't. You didn't even remember. You know how I felt? As if I am nothing to you. That I hold no importance in your life.”

He shook his head cupping her face.

“You are important to me Payal. I just got so occupied ki mere dimag se nikal gaya. And I have no excuse for that. I am sorry.”

He kissed her head and started peppering kisses down her cheeks and jaw, reaching her neck.

“Forgive me please.”

He muttered while nipping at her neck and she pushed him making him look at her in shock. What she uttered next shook him to the core.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️