7.4.3

Kabir was returning in two days. Dhara was getting too bored in her room when Karan called her for a video game match.

And right now, the two were sitting in Karan's room playing video games, while laughing and pushing each other to win the game.

Dhara won the round and yayyed loudly forgetting the door was open and the voice would reach outside. She booed and teased Karan who scowled and started setting up another match.

“You just got lucky this time. Ek match aur and see the truth.”

She nodded with an expression that said ‘sure sure’ and patted his back in sympathy.

He showed her the finger in annoyance and she laughed loudly only to flinch when she heard her mother-in-law yell.

“Kya ho rha hai ye sab? Mahool aur time ka khayal hai ya nhi tumhe?”

Dhara cowered back and lowered her head.

“Sorry mummy -wo hum game khelte khelte-”

“Itni raat ko yaha kr kya rhi ho tum? Koi sharam leehaj reh gaya hai ya nhi?”

Dhara looked at her confused.

“Maa! Hum video game khel rhe the. Mai hi bula kr laaya tha.”

Karan came to her defence which angered her more.

“Tu chup reh! Tujhse baat nhi kr rhi mai. Ye toh pagal hai. Bacho ki tarah harkatein krta hai. Lekin tum bahu ho iss ghar ki. Koi maryada hai ya nhi? Nhi, kahi tumne ye toh nhi samajh rakha na ki Kabir ghar mai nhi hai toh free pass mil gaya?”

Dhara opened her mouth to defend herself when the words that were uttered next took her breath away.

“Pati ka bhai devar hota hai. Dusra pati nhi ki pati ke jaate hi uske bhai ke bistar mai ghusna chalu krdo-”

“MAA!”

Karan yelled but Dhara ran to her room crying and hiccuping. She had never thought of Karan like that. Then why was her character and her relationship with Karan being questioned and assassinated like this.

She really wished she had Kabir with her right now. To tell her that she wasn't wrong and that everything was fine.

Dhara didn't realise when she slept crying that night. The next morning, her eyes were tired and puffy. One more day and Kabir would be here with her. She hug him tight and forget all the problems at hand.

Dhara was getting ready with excitement because Karan had gone to take Kabir from the airport. He was finally back. And she knew how to woo him if he still hadn't forgotten their fight.

Biting her lips at her naughty thoughts she giggled and hid her face.

The door to the room was opened and Kabir entered inside. He looked tired but Dhara ran to him and wrapped her arms around his torso without waiting for another second.

She sighed in bliss and closed her eyes resting her cheek on his chest.

“I missed you so much. Aap please dobara kabhi mujhse naaraz ho kar kahi mat jaana. I love you so much Kabir.”

She mumbled but didn't get any reaction from him. Instead of wrapping his hands around her like usual, he peeled her off himself and put her at an arm's distance.

She looked at him confused when he pulled a file out of his bag and put it in front of her face.

“Here! I hope you'll be happy now. Karwa lia maine test and I'm very happy to say that nothing is wrong with me. I am fertile and very much capable of producing healthy sperms.”

Dhara did not see this coming and the shock was clear on her face. Why did he make it sound like she had insulted him?

“Kabir maine aapse kab-”

“Now go ahead and get yourself tested. Sp that we know where the problem actually lies.”

With that he marched off into the bathroom and slammed the door shut making Dhara flinch. Problem? Why did he put emphasis on that word? Did he mean her? That she was the problem? Maybe. If his reports were healthy then it has to be her.

Her hands trembled and the file fell on the floor. Her knees gave her and she fell on the bed with a thud. What if it is actually her? What then? Will he leave her? And marry Niharika just like his mother wanted? No! She'd die before that happens. She couldn't lose him. But what about him?

‘No! Don't think all this! He loves you Dhara. Bas pareshaan hai. Everything is fine. He's not leaving you. He won't leave you.’

With trembling hands, she picked up her phone and booked an appointment with her gynaecologist. The doctor replied with a confirmation message booking her appointment for two days later.

Dhara was freaking out. Today was her appointment and she was a nervous mess. Should she ask Kabir to accompany her? He seemed fine to her this morning. He'd even winked at her while getting ready. That meant he wasn't upset with her anymore, right? Which meant he wouldn't deny going with her.

Taking deep breaths Dhara came out of the kitchen with hot, piping paranthas and served everyone. Her gaze lingering on Kabir's a little longer which the latter noticed and gave her his usual smirk.

Yes! Things were good. He wouldn't deny. She was sure now. She felt herself relax. She'd tell him after breakfast.

Everyone was having breakfast peacefully when her mother-in-law opened her mouth.

“Arre Kabir mai batana bhul gyi. Kuch din pehle Ruchi ka phone aaya tha. Bata rhi thi ki Niharika aayi hui hai India.”

Kabir looked at her as if trying to figure out why she was telling this to him, while Dhara went pale.

“Okay? And?”

He asked making her mother's smile fall but she quickly gained composure.

“Keh rhi thi wo aaj bhi chahti hai tera aur Niharika ke rishta ho jaaye.”

She laughed as if she'd just cracked the joke of the century. Kabir looked lost and a little uncomfortable. His wife was right beside him, for God's sake. But then a naughty idea struck him and he played along deciding to tease her.

“Achha! Toh baat krlo aunty se. Aage baat chalao.”

Dhara’s eyes snapped towards him but he didn't make eye contact. His idea was to have some fun. What he didn't know was that he was triggering her insecurities.

“Kabir!”

Karan reprimanded making Kabir shrug innocently.

“What? Burai kya hai?”

His eyes held mischeif but Karan saw the expression on Dhara's face and glared at his stupid brother.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️