5.6

He clutched her hand tighter and pulled her up. She looked at him trying to grasp his next move. He kissed her hands and she blushed looking down.

“Does it make you uncomfortable?”

She frowned at his question and he repeated it with more clarity.

“When I touch you, hold you, come near you, does it make you uncomfortable?”

She shook her head looking into his eyes and he smiled seeing the truth and trust in them.

When his gaze felt too much she turned around and started walking towards the bed only to be pulled back into his chest.

She gasped and prayed he couldn't hear her loud heartbeats.

“Ek promise chahta hu.”

She was more focused on concentrating on his hands around her waist and his lips near her ear.

“Agar koi bhi cheez, be it my actions or words or some other person or any thing else in the world, if it makes you uncomfortable, you'll tell me then and there. Mujhe tumse baadme puchhna na pade. This is something I'd not compromise on. Even if it's me. Promise me Tamanna.”

“How-how can you make me uncomfortable? You have the right on me Aman.”

She whispered and he frowned.

“No I don't. I get the right if you give it to me. You're uncomfortable, my rights end there. Period!”

She closed her eyes and thanked the heavens above for him. If she wasn't already in love with him, she'd have fallen in love with this statement.

“Promise me Tamanna!”

He prompted and she nodded.

“Words, love!”

She bit her lip to stop any sound from escaping when she heard his husky voice call her ‘love’.

“Promise!”

She whispered and he smiled, placing a kiss on the back of her head. She melted into him and he asked another question.

“Are you comfortable enough with me to join you in bed?”

His hands traced patterns on her waist and she breathed heavily while nodding in a trance. What was he doing to her?

He smiled and she shrieked when he picked her up bridal style. She looked at him wide eyed and he kissed her forehead.

She hid her face in his neck blushing profusely and he lowered her down on the bed. She shifted a little and turned her back, hiding her red face. Her heavy breathing gave away her condition and he smiled joining her.

He held her, spooning her from behind and she dug her face in her arms. The night was the first when they slept cuddling, with many more to follow. Till eternity.

Things were much better between Aman and Tamanna. Wouldn't say it was perfect. She was still shy and hesitant in expressing her emotions and feelings. But did not run from him anymore.

While he put in maximum efforts by initiating anything, he was happy she reverted. She sometimes started the conversation herself. Mostly when they were alone.

Aman looked at opportunities to tease her. To elicit reactions out of her. It was so fun. The way she reacted to his touch and words.

He remembered how once he had cornered her in the kitchen and how she had blushed for a long time after that.

Tamanna was in the kitchen helping her mother-in-law and Sapna prepare the dinner. Her mother-in-law’s phone rang and she excused herself while talking to some relative in a happy tone.