3.2

Prakash chuckles seeing her shocked and expression.

"Before letting your thoughts run wild meri puri baat sun lo."

She cleared her throat looking away.

"I don't have any romantic feelings for you. Not yet anyway. But I do adore and admire a lot of things in you. Jaise I love how confident and determined you are. But what I admire the most in you is your spirit to never give up. And I've always wanted a partner like that. Moreover I can imagine a future with you."

He said making her speechless.

"Umm-woah! Ok! I'll be honest. Mujhe khud nhi pata whether I am ready for this relationship or not. And I don't know uss ke liye kya kru. How can you be so sure?"

"I just am."

He shrugged but continued when she looked conflicted.

"Ok! Let's do one thing. Since both of us want to fulfil or dreams first and shaadi is out of question toh why not try dating? I mean ek dusre ko aur closely jaan bhi lenge and tumhe pata bhi chal jaayega how I am as a partner."

He said nudging her shoulder playfully and she looked at him contemplating. He wasn't wrong. It could be done.

"You're right. Ye idea achha hai. So done. Aaj se tum mere boyfriend."

She said shaking his hand and he chuckled.

"Aise kaun boyfriend banata hai. Handshake ke saath?"

"Mai kiss nhi kr rhi tumhe. Not before knowing you achhe se."

She said glaring at him and he choked on his spit.

"When did I ask for a kiss? Tum na- leave it."

He chuckled with slightly pink ears and she too laughed with him.

They went back out and informed their parents about their decision who seemed content with the progress.

It has been a few months since Anamika and Prakash have started going out and seeing each other romantically. They weren't romantic but more closer.

Prakash liked that Anamika wasn't shy like girls usually were. She was very vocal about whatever she felt.

They have grown attached on an emotional and mental level. The side hugs have changed to proper hugs and she had even started kissing his cheek.

Sometimes the two would get so busy in their exams and everything that they couldn't meet for weeks straight.

Like right now, Anamika had her CDS mock Exams so she was preparing for the same. This would be her second attempt. She gave one only to see what kind of questions are given.

Her phone rang and she frowned seeing Prakash's call. She picked up the call still solving a question.

"Hello."

She answered a little distracted.

"Hey. Free ho? Mil skte hai abhi?"

Anamika was so distracted that she didn't notice how low he sounded.

"Actually Prakash. Mere mock exams hai toh uske liye padh rhi thi. Exams ke baad milte hai. Pakka."

She said and disconnected the call after hearing his weak ok. It was lunch time when she came out of her room.

Her mother was talking to someone.

"Koi baat nhi bhabhi. Aa jaayega. Aaj hi result tha na isliye shayad jyada lag rha hai. Usse ye samjhaiye ki marks warks toh chalte rehte hai. Ek mock exam hi toh tha. Life ka aakhri paper thodi tha."

Anamika frowned and asked who she was talking to and she mouthed Prakash's mother's name.

Anamika nodded and then remembered her mother's words. Her thoughts went to Prakash's call. He had his mock exam results today and he sounded low.

He wanted to meet her and she being a fool didn't even notice his mood. She cursed herself and quickly rushed to take the car keys. She didn't even check her appearance and just rushed after informing her mother.

It was when she reached his place and the adrenaline rush settled she saw herself in the car mirror.

Her hair were a mess. She put them in a proper bun and corrected her hoodie. She was till in her black tights that she wore at home.

Sighing at herself she rang the bell. His mother opened the door and was pleasantly surprised seeing her there.

"Namaste aunty."

"Arre aao beta. Aaj toh surprise hi de dia."

"Jee aunty. Wo Prakash kaha hai?"

His mother gave her a teasing smile and said.

"Haan ab humse milne thodi aaogi tum."

"Aisa nhi hai aunty. Aaj uska mood off hai na. Isiliye."

"Haan. Aaj result tha uska. Subha se muh latka kr baitha hai. Number utne nhi aaye jitne isne expect kiye the. Kamre mai hi baitha hai. Kisi se baat nhi kr rha. Kisi ko milne nhi de rha."

Anamika felt even more bad. He wanted to meet her and she denied.

"Mai dekhti hu aunty."

"Lunch bhi le jaao uska aur apna. Saath ho kr lena. Shayad tere saath lele."

She said and quickly plated two plates. She handed them to the maid who helped Anamika take them to Prakash's room.

He had thankfully not locked the room. She and the maid entered the room and she smiled seeing him curled inside the blanket like a baby.

She instructed the maid to put the plates on the side table and leave. She locked the room from inside and heard Prakash's voice.

"Mumma please! I don't want anything. Jaao na."

Anamika smiled and sat on the bed. She pulled the blanket a little and laid beside him hugging him from behind.

Prakash felt like heart would break out of his chest.

"Anam-Anamika?"

She hummed and plastered her cheek against his back. Her palm lay on his heart and she smiled feeling his wild heartbeats.

"I'm sorry. I should have been here when you needed me. I promise it won't happen again."

He turned to face her and she saw his red eyes. He had definitely cried. She cupped his face and kissed his eyes making him hide his face in her neck.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️