8.5

Adhyant had been living with Adhika since two months now. He did not know why he was getting pulled towards her. She wasn't his wife. But the way she cared for him and looked after him made his heart go into a direction that it should not.

Adhika knew it was a sin, yet she couldn't but develop a crush on Adhyant. He was a thorough gentleman. Never once did he try to misbehave with her. He wouldn't even hold eye contact with her for much longer.

Even though she wasn't his responsibility, he still provided for her. He had without her saying got her sanitary items each month. How did he know that? She didn't know. But somehow they were there when she needed them both the times.

Adhyant was sitting in the living room with his laptop and groaning in frustration. He cursed loudly gaining Adhika’s attention. She came out from the kitchen and raised her eyebrow at him.

“Sab thik hai na?”

She asked when she saw him glaring at the laptop.

“Yeah! Just work problems.”

He answered distractedly and she nodded. Not sure what to do she moved towards him.

“Mai koi madad kr skti hu?”

He looked at her in amusement and asked.

“Tumhe pata bhi hai mai kaam kya krta hu?”

“Aap bata kr toh dekhiye. Kayi baar kisi ko sirf problem batane se hi uska solution samajh aa jaata hai.”

She said and he raised his eyebrow.

“Achha?”

She nodded and he gave her a look that said ‘Alright then’.

“Thik hai phir. Ye bhi try kr lete hai.”

He started telling her where he was getting stuck at and she listened with rapt attention. When he was finished and she blinked her eyes at him, he said.

“Nope! No solution yet. Didn't work.”

He chuckled and started stratching his head again.

“Ye toh simple math hai. Ye nhi aa rha aapko?”

She spoke after a minute of processing everything and he looked at her surprised.

“Give it here. Mai batati hu.”

She solved the figure he was trying to get and gave him the number making him look at her in shock.

“How-how did you do that?”

He asked in a disbelieving whisper. She chuckled and asked.

“I solved it in front of you. Aapko samajh nhi aaya?”

“I meant-how do you know this?”

She shrugged and answered.

“Mujhe shuru se hi padhne ka bhut shauk tha. Lekin ye bhi jaanti thi ki bauji 12th ke baad nhi padhne denge. 12th bhi isliye kra di kyunki sarkari school mai fees bhut kam thi. Maths Hons krni thi mujhe. Lekin bauji kabhi nhi maante. Toh maine ghar mai padhna start kr dia. Youtube aur online tutorials. Bas basic maths aati hai.”

Adhyant looked impressed. Very very impressed.

“Basic maths? Woman you just solved something I've been trying to since a week now. Aaj deadline thi and so I was very frustrated for not being able to do it even in the whole week. But tumne usse 5 minute mai solve kr dia. You're amazing Adhi!”

She smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. He gave her a nick name. He was praising her. Why was she feeling butterflies then?

Adhyant seemed to have realised what he called her in excitement and cleared his throat.

“Why don't you start doing something. You seem passionate about studying. You can look for a job or maybe even complete your studies.”

She smiled sadly and said.

“Kaun job dega mujhe? I don't have any degree. Aur padhai tab krni thi. Ab padh kr kya krungi. Plus ab toh mann bhi nhi hai. Bas Maths pasand hai.”

He didn't know why but he wanted to find a solution. Something that could bring the smile back on her face.

“You're right. Job shayad na mile. But you can start something of your own. Jaise tuition classes shuru kr skti ho.”

She looked at him with her eyes shining bright and he felt like he had achieved something. What was wrong with him?

“Lekin kaun bhejega mere paas apne bacho ko padhne. Koi degree nhi hai mere paas.”

“You know how Indians work. Unhe result se matlab hai. Agar bache ke number dikhenge toh tumhari degree nhi dekhenge.”

“Lekin uske liye pehle bache aane bhi toh chahiye na.”

“Hnn toh we'll keep price aise na. You know how we believe in local and affordable rather than in branded and expensive.”

She understood what he meant and beamed. He chuckled seeing her happiness and said.

“I see you're very much ok with it. Chalo phir let's make an advertisement for your classes. Hamara society ka group hai I'll send it there. Waha se bhut parents approach krte hai. They prefer sending their kids in the society itself.”

He muttered and called her over. She sat beside him and he started making the advertisement while she looked on excitedly.

“And now your contact number-hold on! I don't have your contact number. What is your contact number?”

“Mere paas phone nhi hai. Aap landline ka number daal do.”

He looked at her surprised. How was she surviving without a phone in the 21st Century.

“That's not good. We're keeping the advertisement aside. Pehle tumhare liye phone order krna padega.”

“Arre iski kya zarurat hai. Landline hai na.”

“Aur agar WhatsApp pr kuch kaam bhejna hua parents ko ya kuch aur phir?”

“Toh aapka bhi number daal do.”

She provided innocently. Controlling his urge to pinch her cheeks he said.

“Aur agar mai ghar pr nhi gua jab call ya message aaye toh? We are getting you a phone. End of discussion. Abhi toh tum ghar pr ho. Kal ko kahi bahar nikli aur raasta bhul gyi toh? Mai kaha dhundunga tumhe? Phone’s important for safety purpose also.”

She bit her lip when he started searching for phones and tried one last time.

“Lekin-”

“I'm getting it for my wife, tumhe kya problem hai?”

Adhika froze and looked at him before blushing and looking away. Adhyant realised his folly and closed his eyes not daring to look towards her. He silently ordered the best phone he found.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️