8.7

Adhyant rang the doorbell, wanting to get over with the dinner. It wasn't like he didn't want to be at Aryan's place but he wanted to rush back to his Adhika. He didn't know why but he wanted to see her.

The door was opened by Aryan who gave a warm smile and brotherly hug to Adhyant, which Adhyant returned with a smile.

“Bhabhi ko nhi laaya?”

“Arre yaar she was all ready to come lekin last moment par she slipped and twisted her leg. Usse dawai de kar, and sula kr aaya hu kyunki mujhe cancel krna sahi nhi laga.”

“Oh shit! Koi baat nhi yaar. Bta deta. Reschedule kr lete.”

“Arre she's asleep. And moreover, bhabhi ki bhi toh mehnat hai na dinner banane mai. Why waste that?”

Aryan chuckled and welcomed him in.

“Anya! Adhyant aaya hai.”

“Ji! Aayi!”

Adhyant heard a soft voice from the kitchen and smiled. Aryan looked so in love with his wife. His wife came out of the kitchen and Adhyant froze. This cannot be real. He is in a dream. Yes! He must be dreaming.

The woman who Aryan claimed to be his wife, was actually the woman he was married to. That meant Adhika was Aryan's wife. What the fuck was happening in his life? Just when he realised that he was starting to fall in love with her, he had to find out about his real wife and confuse himself even more.

Throughout the dinner, Adhyant couldn't concentrate on anything apart from the fact that Aryan was living with ‘his’ wife. He had seen them interacting with each other through their eyes throughout the evening, just like couples would do. Just like he would have been doing with his wife.

Did she know that the man she has been living with was not her husband. Did Aryan know she wasn't his wife.

Adhyant reached home still in a state of disbelief. Adhika was already in bed. She woke up hearing his voices and saw him go to the washroom. She waited for him to come out.

“Adhyant! Do minute baat kr skte hai?”

“If it's not very important then later Adhika. I'm really tired.”

She nodded and watched him lay down on the couch. When she saw him close his eyes she too laid down and closed hers.

The next morning, Adhika woke up to an empty house. Adhyant had already left. Her mood dampened even more realising that he was avoiding her.

Adhyant on the other hand reached Aryan's place and waited for him to leave for office. When Aryan's car was out of sight, he got out of his car and rang the doorbell.

Ananya looked surprised to him.

“Namaste bhaisahab! Aaiye na!”

She welcomed him inside and said.

“Aryan toh ghar pr nhi hai. Unhone bataya bhi nhi ki aap-”

“Jaanta hu wo ghar pr nhi hai. Mai aapse milne aaya tha. Aapse kuch baat krni thi.”

Ananya nodded and looked at him prompting him to go on.

“Kya aap jaanti hai ki jis insaan ke saath aap reh rhi hai wo aapka pati nhi hai?”

Her smile fell and she looked at him offended.

“Ye kya bakwaas kr rhe hai aap?”

“Bakwaas nhi hai. Sach hai.”

He proceeded to tell how her seat got exchanged with Aryan's real wife, who infact was living with him now.

“Hum kaise maane ye jo kahani aapne hume sunai hai wo sach hai?”

Adhyant smiled and took her parents' name.

“Hamare in laws ka naam hai. Aapke hi parents hai na?”

Ananya looked shocked.

“Agar-agar hum ye baat sach maan bhi le toh bhi hum jaante hai ki hamare Aryan iss baare mai nhi jaante the. Agar jaante hote toh wo hamare saath apni shaadi ki shuruwat kyu krte?”

Although she defended him, a part of her was still conflicted on knowing this new information.

“Aur agar wo jaanta hua toh?”

She looked at him horrified.

“Hey Bhagwaan! Ye kya paap kr dia humne! Hum itne mahine kisi aur ke saath rhe. Unki patni ki tarah. Ab hum kya krenge? Kaha jaayenge hum yaha se?”

Adhyant reached for a pen and paper and scribbled his address down. His heart reminded him of Adhika but his mind told him that this woman was also his responsibility being his wife.

“Ye mera address hai. Agar aap chahe toh ghar aa skti hai.”

“Aap hume accept kr lenge? Ye jaane ke baad bhi ki hum itne mahine kisi aur ke saath rahe, kisi aur ke bistar mai soye?”

Adhyant closed his eyes and said.

“Isme aapki koi galti nhi thi. Aap nhi jaanti thi ki jis insaan ke saath aap reh rhi hai wo aapka pati nhi hai. Aapne jo kia usse apna pati samajh kr kia.”

“Jo aap hume accept kr lenge?”

He hummed and left from there. Somehow the place suffocated her. He needed to go home now. He had been avoiding Adhika since long. He wanted to finally see her now. Apologize for his stupid behaviour and make up to her. He'd figure out the situation with Ananya later on. And he'd tell Adhika the truth. About meeting his wife and her husband. It would be her decision from then.

He wanted to surprise Adhika and so he entered the house through the backdoor. He saw the living room empty and frowned. She was usually there only, watching tv or doing other stuff.

He then entered their bedroom and saw her still inside the blanket. Why was she not up yet? Was her health not okay? Before he could ask anything, he heard her sniffles and sobs and his body froze.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️