6.4

It has been a few weeks since Ranit had started staying with Mansi and her parents. He was comfortable and settled now.

It has become her and his routine to sit in the balcony and talk about random stuff.

It was a Sunday and it was both Mansi and Ranit’s off. His boss although had given him some work. He was seated in the living room with Mansi and her mother.

“Here! Your coffee!”

He heard Mansi and smiled at her, taking the cup from her cup with a polite thank you.

Mansi sat beside her mother who was looking at something on her phone.

“Tere phone pr kuch bheja hai maine. Check krke bta.”

Mansi frowned and asked.

“Kya bheja hai? Phone shayad kitchen mai hai mera. Aap hi bta do.”

“Biodata hai ek. Photo bhi hai saath mai. Dekh kr bta ki kaisa laga.”

Mansi looked at her mother wide eyed. She glanced at Ranit from her side. His jaw was clenched and he was glaring at the screen. Poor lad! Working even on a Sunday. Obviously he'd be angry.

“Umm-ye achanak kis liye?”

She asked tucking her hair behind her ear. She didn't want to talk about it in front of Ranit.

“Achanak kaha hai? Tujhse puchh kr hi toh dekhne shuru kiye the rishte.”

Her mother deadpanned. Mansi mentally hit herself.

“Wo toh 8 mahine pehle ki baat hai na mummy.”

“Haan toh rishte aise hi kehte hi thodi mil jaate hai. 10 jagah baat krni padti hai, inquiry krni padti hai, phir jaake ek samajh aata hai. Itna time toh lagta hi hai. Ab ye mat kahio ki mind change kr lia.”

She glared at Mansi but before she could say something Ranit got up and excused himself. They were disturbing him.

Mansi told her mother she'd tell her after looking at everything. She ran to the kitchen to fetch her phone and then made a beeline towards her room.

She sighed and slumped on the bed. She had just opened her WhatsApp to see what her mother sent her when a knock reverberated in the room.

She gave permission to whoever it was and sat up straight when Ranit entered. She should have known. Her father wasn't home, her mother never knocked, so it left him only.

She got up and tucked her hair behind her ear. He looked at her with a look which she deciphered as a mix of confusion and annoyance.

“Umm-you need something?”

She asked with a smile. He took a step closer to her and whispered looking into her eyes.

“You!”

She looked at him wide eyed and took a step back in shock. What-what did he mean? His gaze fell on the phone in her hand and his jaw clenched remembering the incident that happened just a few minutes ago.

“Did you check?”

He asked and she stuttered in shock.

“Ch-check what?”

“The biodata!”

He asked, glancing at her phone. She followed his gaze and then looked down suddenly feeling conscious in his presence.

“Not yet. Wahi check krne ke liye phone uthaya tha.”

“Don’t!”

He said and she looked at him frowning. His next words almost brought her heart out of her chest.

“Marry me!”

When she continued to look at him wide eyed and didn't utter a word, he moved closer to her and whispered with a voice so sincere that she felt butterflies in her stomach.

“You want to get married, marry me! You want to date someone, date me! You want to have a casual relationship, be with me! But I can't lose you again Mansi. Not after getting another chance. Not again.”

He said and she looked at him confused.

“Ranit?”

He held her arms and whispered softly, with a hint of vulnerability in his voice.

“Please Mansi. Please tell me what I've perceived all these days was true. That you also, if not love me, are atleast interested in me. Please tell me Mansi. I need this. I need you.”

He said and joined his forehead with hers. She felt her breath stuck in her throat. This couldn't be happening in real life. There was no way a man like him would ever fall for her.

“I am dreaming. Wake up Mansi, you're dreaming. This is not really happening.”

She mumbled to herself, making him look at her amused.

“You're not dreaming.”

He whispered softly, caressing his cheek.

“I'm not?”

She asked, peeking up at him and he nodded confirming.

“You're not. This is real. My love for you, my feelings for you are real.”

Oh! There goes her heart.

“Pinch me!”

He frowned and she repeated.

“I am not able to believe this is real. Pinch me!”

With an amused smile he pinched her left arm making her shriek and hiss. She rubbed her arm and glared at him.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that? You asked me to.”

“Not too hard.”

She glared and mumbled profanities while still rubbing her arm. Then his words played in her mind again and she looked at him.

“Although it hurts, I still can't get myself to believe this is real.”

She admitted and he smiled naughtily.

“I have another way of making it real.”

He said cupping her face and started leaning in. Her eyes widened, her heart somersaulted in her chest, the butterflies swarmed around her stomach. Was he going to kiss her?

It did seem like because he continued leaning in. He stopped about an inch from her lips and looked at her for a sign for him to stop.

But when he saw her eyes closed, an impatient expression on his face, he realised she wanted it as much as he did and closed the remaining distance between their lips, pulling her in for a soft kiss.

The initial seconds were sighs and pulls. Slowly they fell into rhythm and Ranit deepened the kiss by introducing his tongue. He prodded her lips open and striked her tongue with his in slow, impactful moves. She moaned and tugged at his hair.

Umm! Just as she expected. Smooth and soft. She held the back of his neck and scratched a little making him groan.

He pulled back when he felt her breath getting heavy. She panted and kept her hand on his heart.

She looked at him hearing his heart beat at an abnormally fast rate.

“Your heart…. it's beating too fast.”

He smiled and rested his forehead on hers.

“Because I have imagined this a thousand times in my head but none of them actually prepared me for the real thing. This is just different. And I think I am addicted.”

He whispered, nuzzling his nose into hers making her giggle.

“Ye sab kya ho raha hai?”

Mansi pulled away from him hearing her mother's angry voice and looked at her wide eyed. Ooh! She looked angry.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️