4.1

Pihu stepped out of her tiffin centre and sighed. Tiring day! But she was content.

Her gaze fell on the small general store and she closed her eyes remembering today's newspaper. Still nothing.

She was just a toddler when her parents went missing. Or so she had been told. Her chacha chachi informed her that they went to attend a function but never returned. Leaving her with her chachu chachi. No one knew what happened.

Initially she too tried to do everything in the capacity of a teenager. She posted on social media, printed ads in newspapers, even ran news on TV but in vain.

Even now she reads the missing column of the newspaper daily for any updates but all in vain. No one knows where her parents are or what happened.

She had a family. Her chachu and chachi. Who loved her like their own daughter. But she wished to know where her parents were.

Shrugging the thoughts away she rang the doorbell to her house. The door was opened by her cousin who was younger to her by 2 years.

"Hi Shiku."

Pihu greeted making Kashika roll her eyes and mutter a bored 'hi'. She shook her head at her cousin and entered in.

"I'm back."

She announced and moved to her room to freshen up. Everyone had had their dinner and only she was left. There was only little vegetable left so she decided to experiment a little.

When her experimental dish was ready she had a taste and grinned wide. It tasted amazing. She put some in a bowl and rushed out happily.

"Chachi! See what I made!"

She chirped forwarding the spoon near her mouth. Her chachi repulsed back and said.

"Pihu! Abhi nhi! Maine abhi khaana khaaya hai. Baad mai le lungi."

She said scrolling something on her phone.

"Thoda sa taste krlo bas. Baaki baad mai khaa lena."

"Nhi bola na Pihu. Rakh de abhi."

She nodded feeling dejected but went to have her food nonetheless.

Pihu had a slight headache. She took the oil bottle and moved to her chachi's room. She knocked on the door and entered inside.

Her chachi was sitting with her head on the headrest.

"Chachi sar mai oil laga do please."

"Mere paao bhut dard ho rhe hai Pihu. Bas soungi ab mai."

"Kya hua? Aapne phir khade khade kaam kara na? Kyu krti hai aap aise? Kitni baar bola hai kibaith kr kia kro. Aur Neetu di kaha thi? Unhe bol deti baaki kaam krne ko. Mai baat krungi unse kl. Aap laaiye paer aage kriye. Mai masaage kr deti hu."

Pihu said sitting near her feet and scolding her softly. She never considered her any less than her own mother. 

She massaged her feet making her close her eyes in relaxation.

"Aaram lag rha hai?"

"Haan thoda neeche."

She mumbled and Pihu smiled shaking her head and massaging at the desired area. Just then Kashika entered and whined.

"Mom! Look at my hair yaar! Kitne dry and frizzy ho rhe hai. Oiling krdo na."

"Haan haan baith yaha. Mai toh kehti hi hu. Lekin tumhe hi fursat kaha hai? Aajkal ke bacho ko tel lagwane me pata nhi kyu itni sharam aati hai."

She said making Kashika sit in front of her and Pihu looked at her shocked.

"Tu bhi ab ja kr so jaa. Raat bhut ho gyi hai subha kaam pr bhi jaana hai."