4.5

Rudransh didn't say anything and just heard her. He knew why she chose to stay even though she wasn't valued once. She felt so unloved that she snatched every opportunity at love she got. Even if it was fake.

“And then I heard those rumors. That he was sleeping with his secretary. I did confront him. But you know what he did. He held my hands and looked into my eyes with such sincerity that I couldn't doubt and said ‘I would never do that to you Pihu.’ And I believed him. I trusted him.”

She closed her eyes and cried harder.

“I wish you were here mumma. Mujhe batane ke liye ki wo aadmi mere liye achha nhi hai. Where are you both?”

She yelled and sobbed. Her whole body shook and he caressed her hair.

“What happened to them?”

He asked and she told him what she knew. He heard everything with rapt attention.

“You want me to find them?”

He asked after a pause and she looked at him with a twinkle in her eyes.

“You can?”

“If you want me to.”

“Please do that.”

Hearing her he knew one thing. He never wanted her to use that meek, begging tone ever again. He nodded and helped her up. They reached his room and she stopped him when he was going towards the closet.

He looked at her raising his eyebrow and a questioning expression which turned into shock when she suddenly hugged him.

He gulped. His body felt hot. His heart skipped a beat. She was hugging him. Her arms around his torso, cheek plastered against his chest. He had never been hugged.

“Thank you!”

She whispered, making him nod and run into the washroom. He leaned over the sink and took deep breaths. His heartbeat was wild as if he had just run a marathon.

When his parents didn't give him the attention a child requires because they were ‘busy’ he started shutting off his emotions. Over the years he made himself to be such that he only knew one emotion. Victory.

But she was making him feel things he didn't want to. Things he was scared to feel. He was getting addicted to her. Her jibes, taunts and sassiness amused him. Her effortless seduction turned him on. Her smile made him feel all tingly in his heart and her tears made him want to murder everyone responsible for it. Even if it were him.

He splashed water on his face. She was messing with him. His brain and his heart.

It had been almost a month since Pihu had been staying with Rudransh.

It was bedtime and the two were sitting on the bed with their backs resting against the bedrest, talking. Well, Pihu was talking and he was listening to her. She was telling him stories about her tiffin centre and the ladies that worked there.

Rudransh laughed when she narrated a specific incident.

“She-she really did that?”

He asked between his laughter and she nodded while laughing, holding her stomach.

“Haan. We all were shocked but the situation was too funny.”

He continued laughing imagining the situation when they heard a soft thud. They looked towards the door to see one of the househelps standing there and a file fallen near her feet. She looked shocked.

“I-I am sorry sir. I’ll leave this here.”

She put the file on the table nearby and ran out making Pihu look confused and Rudransh sigh.