7.2.3

When Payal woke up next, she felt weakness in her body and lightheadedness. Maybe because she hadn't eaten or had even a drop of water for more than 24 hours now.

She felt large hands cage her and turned to look at her husband. She could feel he was in deep sleep, which indicated he was extremely exhausted when he slept.

A part of her melted but she shook her head becoming resolute. No! She had to be strong. She can't melt like this. Not after his stunt the previous night. It was because of him she slept on a hungry stomach.

She tried removing his hand from her body but sighed in exhaustion when she couldn't even move it. Why did it feel like her body was shutting down? She felt dizzy even while laying down.

She somehow, using full strength, removed his hand and got up. Her head spun. Taking time to balance herself and get her head right, she sat there. When it felt better, she got up and went to shower.

By the time she was out, Bhavesh was up.

“Hey! Good morning!”

He spoke with a lazy grin. Her insides started to melt seeing his cute boyish grin accompanied by a voice like that. But she had to steel herself.

Not replying to him, she started getting ready. Bhavesh realised he had fucked up bad. A part of him felt bad for feeling a surge of possessiveness through him when he saw her fill her hairline with vermillion.

The red powder screamed that she was taken. Unavailable to other men. His. But he'd hurt, hadn't he? God! He needed to make up to her.

Getting off of the bed, he went and hugged her from behind. She gasped at his move. Their eyes met through the mirror and he made a cute face while mumbling apologies.

“I am sorry. I know what I did yesterday wasn't good. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. I shouldn't have forgotten the event. I shouldn't have kept you waiting. I am sorry. Forgive me please.”

He said each line while nuzzling his face in her neck trying to gain advantage of his effect on her. Which almost worked. Almost. Payal’s hungry stomach reminded her why she was angry at him and she pushed him away, leaving the room without giving him another look.

He sighed in defeat and went to get ready. He'd take her out somewhere this evening after coming back from work. Yeah! He'd woo his wife and make love to her the whole night. Mentally grinning at his thoughts he got out of the room, all ready in his formal wear.

Payal's anger reached its peak seeing him ready for office, not even bothered about her upset mood.

He really didn't care about her. And just like that she lost her appetite. Everyone served themselves on the breakfast table while she sat with an empty plate.

“Kya hua beta? Khaa kyu nhi rhi?”

Her mother-in-law asked and she tried to give her a smile, which she doubted looked really weak, because she had started feeling lightheaded.

“Bhuk nhi hai mummy. Baad mai khaa lungi. Aap log lijiye.”

Bhavesh froze mid-bite. Suddenly feeling bad having his food while his wife didn't do so. He pushed his plate away making all the eyes turn towards him. He looked at his wife who looked away as soon as their eyes met.

“Ab tujhe kya hua?”

His father asked and he looked at him sheepishly. They are going to tease him again.

“Wo-mai-mai-office mai khaa lunga. Ye tum le lena. Bhuk nhi hai mujhe bhi abhi.”

His father nodded with a teasing and knowing smile making him groan inwardly. A part of Payal felt happy to know that he cared. But she still was angry with him. He still hadn't realised she was waiting for him to open her fast.

She knew she might sound stupid, but he had asked her to wait for him. And she'd wait. Until he realised.

She kept his plate in the kitchen and went to her room feeling dizzy. She hadn't had water in her system for hours.

She heard the open and close of a door and knew Bhavesh had followed her.

She felt his arms snake around her waist and involuntarily leaned back into him feeling drained out of energy.

“I know you're upset with me. But I promise to make it up to you. Go out with me on a date this evening? Give your stupid husband a chance to redeem himself? Please jaan.

Before she could answer anything, her vision blurred and everything around her went black. Bhavesh frowned when she suddenly dropped all her weight on him.

His confusion turned into panic when he saw her unconscious form.

“Payal? Jaan what happened? Wake up!”

He picked her up bridal style and placed her on the bed. Running around the room in frantic manner he searched for something that could wake her up.

Running to the bathroom and filling a mug of water he rushed back to her unconscious form and sprinkled water on her face. She stirred awake and looked at him weakly.

He held her hand and wiped her face.

“Are you okay? Kya hua? You look pale. When was the last time you-”

Realisation dawned upon him. She fasted for him yesterday. He didn't come home to open her fast when he himself asked her to wait for him. But she wouldn't be still waiting right? Except that she was.

“You-you had your dinner yesterday, right?”

He wanted her to say yes. Needed her to say yes. God knows how he would ever forgive himself if she had gone to bed empty stomach because he, like an asshole, forgot such an important event.

When she didn't reply but looked away, he felt like killing himself. She had indeed gone to bed empty stomach because of him. And she still hadn't had a glass of water or some solid food this morning, while he had started eating like a fucktard.

“Why?”

The question came out in a whisper and she looked at him teary eyed. Her eyes held accusations.

“You asked me to wait for you. You said we'd open my fast together. I was waiting Bhavesh. I'm still waiting.”

Guilt, like never before clouded his senses and his head hung low in shame.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️