4.8

Pihu entered the bathroom and switched on the shower letting the cold water drench her. Her body shivered. But she didn't know if it was because of the cold water or because of the emotions she was going through.

Her teeth chattered and her fists clenched so hard that left marks. She fell on her knees panting heavily. So many emotions were inside her but she didn't know how to bring them out.

She heard the door open and close. She felt the water being turned off. She felt herself being pulled into a chest.

Rudransh hugged her not caring about her wetting his clothes. She was numb. Not moving. He was scared.

"Rose! Let it out baby! No one else is here. It's only you! Let all your pain out on me. Give it to me love. Let yourself free."

He whispered, kissing her head and rubbing her arms and back and she slowly started shivering. Her body shook as sobs escaped her lips. He rubbed her back without speaking a word.

The first sob echoed, making his heart ache and he closed his eyes. She was in so much pain. He would have tried soothing it if it was physical pain. But this was mental agony. He couldn't do anything.

Soon she was crying hysterically. Yelling and screaming. Letting out the pain she felt for her parents. The anger she felt for the monsters who did it to them.

He pulled her between his legs while his back plastered against the wall and she cried in his arms not caring about anything else.

After what felt like eternity of her crying she fainted in his arms and he picked her up bridal style. Asking the househelp to change her clothes he went to the balcony to take a huge gulp of his whiskey.

His eyes were bloodshot red. They made his Rose cry today. And he promised to not let anyone who made her cry see the sun again. Kunal did it once. He was being taken care of. Now was the turn of those people.

The next morning Pihu woke up with a pounding headache and an aching body. She felt weak. Her body felt hot. She groaned and pulled the blanket closer to her body.

Rudransh saw her shivering and checked her forehead. She was running a fever. He made her have freshly prepared soup and then gave her medicine. He then cuddled her to sleep.

Next when she woke up it was already dinner time. Having her medicine once more she slept feeling extremely tired.

Pihu was all better four days later. She had met Rudransh the very morning while he was leaving for work. He had strictly forbade her not to step out of the house so she was managing the centre from home today as well.

They have not had any conversation regarding that day or her parents. She needed time to cope with it. And she was thankful he didn't say anything. She also wanted her uncle and aunt to suffer for what they did.

It was almost evening when she received Rudransh's call.

"You have something to sit on near you?"

She frowned at his question and looked at the phone.

"I am sitting on the bed Rudra. Baat kya hai?"

"Good! I am switching to video calling. Pick up!"

He said and the call disconnected. Not even half a minute later her phone rang again. This time with a video call. She picked it up and his handsome face came into view.

But there was darkness in the background. Where was he?

*Slight dark content (Mentions of torture)*

"Disconnect it if you feel it's too much. Else enjoy!"

He smirked, making her confused but then he switched the rear camera on and she felt her breath hitch seeing her uncle, aunt and cousin tied up. She could see the fright in their eyes.